photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Birthday Wishlist

Pinned Image
I’ve had a few thoughtful family members and friends ask what I’d like for my upcoming 30th birthday in a few weeks. Usually, I am terrible at figuring out what I want, but this year, I actually have a few items on my wish list. Around the holidays, I’ll usually post gift guides and wish lists and my friends always tell me how helpful they are because they know exactly what to get me! I kind of wish my husband would start making wish lists because I always have a hard time thinking of what to get him. Speaking of my husband, I am incredibly lucky that Fabian is taking me to Spain for my birthday this year! I am so thrilled and am counting down the days until we are there in mid-November. I know we could both use a little time away soaking up the culture, sights, and fabulous food in Spain!
Aside from that, my wish list includes a few new discoveries that I’ve recently come across. Beyond anything material, I am thankful to have the most incredible husband and best friend in Fabian, a wonderful family, great friends, my sweet puppy son, Tate, a job that I love, and of course, this blog and all of my fabulous readers. I feel like I really am living “La Dolce Vita”!


{I’ve worn Stella by Stella McCartney for a few years, but I would definitely mix it up ever since I smelled Prada’s New Fragrance, Candy. It is intoxicatingly delicious. The rich scent is perfect for Winter. Available exclusively at Neiman Marcus.}
2012 Calendar
{I adore Inslee Haynes’ gorgeous illustrations. I would love to commission a custom illustration from her at some point, but I would also love her 2012 Calendar to jazz up my office space.}

PRE-SALE & Bonus Gift Turquoise Four Leaf Clover Gold Necklace
{I love quatrefoil and turquoise on just about anything so naturally, I loved this little necklace when I spotted it on Pinterest. It’s made by hand by jennijewel, a Los Angeles-based designer who sells her jewelry on etsy. If you know me, then you probably know that I love all jewelry, so cocktail rings, chandelier earrings, and pretty necklaces are always on my wish list.}
Marisa Berenson: A Life in Pictures
{This stylish tome on the life of 1970s muse, Marisa Berenson is sure to be filled with inspiring images.}
Diana Vreeland: The Eye Has to Travel
{Former Vogue Editor, Diana Vreeland lived her life by her own rules. I cannot wait to dig into “The Eye has to Travel”!}
{Martyn Lawrence Bullard’s “Live, Love, Decorate” is filled with “delicious” interiors and plenty of celebrity homes—naturally, dahling.}
{Believe it or not, there are actually a couple of design magazine subscriptions that I don't currently have-- Veranda and Canadian House and Home.}

12 comments:

Allyson [Mimosas in the Morning] said...

What a good slew of picks! Happy early birthday!

Unknown said...

Just ordered that calendar, can't wait to get it.

Love Stella, but this Prada is pretty enough to try out.

And I would love to have all 3 of the books you list!

Great gift list. Happy pre-bday!

Unknown said...

p.s. I spy Michael Bublé on the cover of House & Home...umm, I must go get that issue now!!

Unknown said...

i just pinned my heart out (: GREAT picks!

Sarah Roads said...

Celebrating 30 in Spain sounds amazing. Madrid is one of my favorite cities. Happy Early Birthday!

Lily said...

I just got the Prada as an early bday gift and LOVE it !!!

xxLily
goldandgray.com

Anna and Liz Recipes said...

great Ideas ! Love your Blod by the way..... You will LOVE SPAIN, my husband took me last May and we love the country, the food, and the people. That's the best GIFT!

Ada @ NY said...

Have a GREAT birthday!!! My hub and I just vaca'd in Barcelona, Spain and loved it!! We rented an apartment and loved it (felt like a native haha). My hubby gets me great significant gifts as well and I also wish he would reveal a wish list for me (so hard shopping for him ... he's banned me from getting electronics) :)

Shelly@ConfettiStyle said...

Have a Great Birthday. You gift list is wonderful...books, sweet smells and jewelry...what more could a girl ask for.

Shelly@ConfettiStyle said...

Have a Great Birthday. You gift list is wonderful...books, sweet smells and jewelry...what more could a girl ask for.

LindsB said...

Great list! I might just have to send this exact list to my mother for ideas for my birthday- I turn 30 on the 11th!

garden sheds said...

Awesome birthday list! I wonder what's your birthday list for this year.