photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Friday, October 28, 2011

Fabulous Room Friday 10.28.11

The November 2011 issue of ELLE DÉCOR is one of my favorites in recent memory. It is filled with grand, glamorous, colorful spaces including the living room pictured above. At only 1,300 square feet, the apartment of Claiborne Swanson Frank and her husband, James Frank isn’t enormous in size, but the chic style in which it is decorated makes it seem larger than life. I love the way in which they embraced color and pattern. In the living room alone, you have leopard, Greek key, ikat, and malachite. The airy space feels stylish and young with a polished twist. I have to say, Claiborne’s sense of style does not come as a surprise. I had the pleasure of meeting her mother, Elizabeth at the family’s Swanson Vineyards in Napa Valley last year. She is beautiful, kind, and slightly eccentric in the most fabulous way and it is clear that all of her beautiful daughters (Claiborne, Alexis, and Veronica) have inherited her panache and innate sense of style.

Have a fantastic weekend!

 

{Image Credit: Simon Watson for ELLE DÉCOR}

15 comments:

Kenya@Greenhouse said...

Stunning!!!

Amanda said...

I love this room!!!
I want it lol
xox
amanda

www.lovenycstyle.com

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

Wow! I LOVE this room. The leopard print stool is to die for! Elle Decor never disappoints. Thank you for a beautiful start to my Friday morning! :)

Sam
www.mydailydoseofinspiration.blogspot.com

Sharon@house58blog.com said...

I just read the November issue last night and was blown away by this room. Great Pick!

Sharon@house58blog.com said...

I just read the November issue last night and was blown away by this room. Great Pick!

Sharon@house58blog.com said...

I just read the November issue last night and was blown away by this room. Great Pick!

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

I like the colors used here. It's bright and happy.

I hope everything is great w/ you, Paloma.

Have a great weekend,

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Karlita said...

oh yes I loved this room at first sight.. it's so complete and balanced. Have a lovely weekend as well!

Unknown said...

This is happy space - clean and neutral backdrop for all those fun colors and patterns to pop. Very stylish!

Have a great weekend Paloma!

p-l-a-i-d said...

That really is a fabulous room! I just love the color and pattern combinations! Have a great weekend Paloma.

bevy said...

Yes, I like it, I like it all! But any room with leopard can hardly go a stray.

Hello Lover... said...

I am in love with this room. I feel like it is so achievable yet beautiful that it could be found in any home any where.

Haus and Home said...

Wow 1,300 sf you definitely can't tell. I love the mix of patterns and colors in this room from the blue & white ikat to the leopard stool to the light yellow greek key rug. Fun fun!

Jane from Australia said...

WOW, amazing!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous indeed!