photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Beautifully Organized: Hanging Earrings

Hello everyone! I'm Arianna of Arianna Belle. I'm so happy to be here today as a LDV contributor! I'll be writing posts focused around stylish organization.

Today I'm sharing with you a few ideas for storing drop earrings. When it comes to jewelry, most of us need to have our pieces out where we can see them, or else we tend to forget we have them and don't wear them. These options below allow you to not only organize your earrings, but also display them in a beautiful way. Afterall, some things are just too pretty to keep stashed away in a box or drawer and never see the light of day.

jewelrystand

First up, jewelry stands. Many out there tend to be labeled as necklace holders, but they can be used for earrings too. Just make sure that you select one with an arm/bar that isn't too thick.
2-bowls&teacups

Another option is to hook earrings around the rims of decorative bowls and teacups. This is a perfect way to use china that might otherwise be collecting dust, or to add function to a flea market find.

3-acrylicscreen

For those with large collections, a great option is an acrylic screen like this one from the Container Store. It allows you to have all your earrings in one spot and see what you have at a glance.

4-earringframe

Last but not least, an earring frame can be custom made to fit your needs. Leave more space between the wires for longer earrings, less for shorter ones. Read the DIY details here and here.

So what do you think? Would you use one of these ideas? How do you currently store your hanging earrings?

See you again soon!

-Arianna

{Image sources: 1- lobster and swan, 2- glitter guide, 3- bryn alexandra, 4- makeunder my life, 5- glitter guide, 6- real simple, 7-kevin and amanda}

14 comments:

Allison Egan said...

I am addicted to earrings so this is right up my alley! I love the bowls and teacups - its so collected looking and a great way to use your 'special' or vintage china!

xo Allison
Spicer + Bank
www.spicerandbank.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Love these ideas!!!
Laura@RicevereconStile

Jasmine Sinclair said...

It is such a chore for me to store my earrings!!! And I have an extra hard time with the larger pairs! I love the first option and will definitely be putting this in my list of things to do!!! Thanks Arianna!

www.fromjasminewithlove.com

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

these are all great ideas for displaying jewelery. I love the idea of draping them over the sides of bowls- I love the chevron anthropologie bowl most! When I saw those in the store I had to stock up. Love it! Thanks for all the great inspiration.

Sam

Donna said...

Your ideas for storing hanging earrings are fabulous!!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE how charming the jewlery looks in the gorgeous teacups & saucers! I am definitely going to do this with my jewlery this weekend. Hmmm, I could do this today; however, I wonder if my husband would mind if I used his mother's, grandmother's, or aunt's tea cup sets??? LOL!!! :) I would be afraid I'd knock them off the dresser....(I've become a little clumsy b/c of some of the medications I take.)

I had an acrylic "ladder" in my teen years back in the 70's. I thought it was so neat...but what a pain to take the backs off and on each time I wanted a pair of earrings~~sometimes I ended up holding the ladder on my lap just to get the earring! Over time I liked it less and less, and one day gave it to my little sister!

I discovered your blog today and am so glad I followed the link that led me here! I'm looking forward to coming back for more great inspiration!!

Beth C said...

Great ideas! (I keep one pair of large earring hanging off the side of a teacup that's filled with old buttons—some from clothes I don't have anymore!)

Vanessa Stern said...

I love these ideas, makes me want to do a little organization renovation this weekend! Lovely post Arianna!

p-l-a-i-d said...

I use the "bowl option" and have about 4 ikat bowls from anthropology I separate my earrings into colors- gold, silver, pearl and diamond, that way when I need a certain color, I just go to that bowl!

bevy said...

great ideas. my favorite is the bowl, teacups!

designstiles said...

Hi Ari,

I definitely need better access to my earrings. Most of the time, I can't find the pair. The teacup is my favorite solution. Cute and stylish.

Amanda said...

This is what i have to start practicing with my jewlery!
xox
amanda

www.lovenycstyle.com

lesapeamusings.blogspot said...

So Lovely, thank you so much.

Lisa x

Haus and Home said...

great ideas, unfortunately I have a problem where I throw all mine in a little decorative bowl.

Mrs. Puma said...

Great organization ideas and I love all your gorgeous earrings!