photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Friday, July 2, 2010

Guest Post: The Decorista’s Favorite Hotel

 
Hi lovelies! It's Ashlina here from thedecorista. I am so thrilled to be here today at La Dolce Vita while the beautiful Paloma is away on vacation. As she is traveling across the world I can't help but daydream about my favorite places I have traveled to. My absolute most favorite city in the world is Sydney, Australia.
It's like New York, Miami and Los Angeles all in the same city. So blissful!
I have always been obsessed with hotel design. It's what made me decide to go to school for interior design... the beautiful hotels of the world. My trip to Australia was without a lack of inspiring design.
It was the trip where I found my hands down favorite hotel that I have ever been to...
 
The Ivy Hotel in Sydney is unlike any other hotel I have ever experienced.  The moment I stepped on the grounds I was absolutely blown away! It's much more than a practical hotel. It's a compound full of restaurants, bars, and poolside lounging. For me, the best part of a hotel is the dining, bars and common social areas such as the pool (as an Angeleno, that can be where you will find me on most days). The design is modern, fresh and lush. So many colors and fabrics and whimsical accessories. The Ivy is the epitome of Los Angeles + Palm Springs style at its best.
Here are some gorgeously designed areas of the Ivy:
 
THE DEN (a gorgeous cocktail lounge)
the flower mirror detail and the turquoise tufted seating had me at hello.
TEPPENYAKI (a supremely chic Japanese restaurant...i love sushi) MAD COW (an American grill of sorts)
THE LAWN (a social gathering area)
I am ever a sucker for anything striped, especially black + white
There are not guest rooms per say in the hotel. There is no need or room for that.
However, there is a brilliant penthouse in the compound that allows for any high roller to enjoy the luxurious living with a view of the pool that is out of this world.
The design is extremely modern and chic, so very LA.
The poolside is intoxicating to say the least.
This bathroom just screams uber luxe.
Hope you guys enjoyed a quick glimpse into my favorite hotel in the world...thanks so much for reading!
 
 
 
images via flickr + Vogue Living 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did I read that right, there are no guest rooms? Why is it referred to as a hotel then?

Leah said...

Wow this place is AMAZING! Thanks Ashlina for sharing this!!! Luvs!

MW said...

Yeah, I'm confused. This isn't really a hotel, it's a nightclub. Or so I thought when I visited. We had drinks in the den (first lounge pictured)... too bad the drinks weren't nearly as fabulous as the room. Still, what an amazing space.

ROCKPAPERLOVE said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Megan // Honey We're Home said...

The pool, that bathtub. I die! ha:)

swetha said...

Hi Paloma,,... truly stylist ambience and interiors. I particularly liked TEPPENYAKI's. They have a classic happy-feel interior.!

Park and Fly