photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Friday, July 30, 2010

Fabulous Room Friday 07.30.10

turq encino4

I’ve been brainstorming all types of ideas for an upcoming project and have been spending even more time in my office than usual. Naturally, this draws me to inspiring work spaces even more. I love this office by Los Angeles interior decorator, Vanessa de Vargas of Turquoise. The room is filled with various patterns, yet it maintains a very streamlined feeling through the use of furniture with clean, straight lines. The chevron stripe rug is easily the boldest element in the room, but it’s geometric nature and black and white palette keep it from taking over the room.

turq encino3{ The wallpaper certainly makes a statement, but again, it acts as a sort of neutral given the colorway that was selected. It adds interest to the room without being too much! By the way, isn’t this console fantastic? I love the knobs and I’m sure it makes a great storage piece. If I had the room in my office, I would definitely think about finding a vintage console, buffet, or credenza in it.}

turq encino2 {This throw pillow is done in the same fabric as the desk chair in the first image. Vanessa frequently updates and redesigns vintage furniture. The lines of this chair are fantastic. I have a bit of an addiction to vintage chairs and beautiful lighting.}

 

Image Credit: Turquoise

15 comments:

Lilacandgrey said...

I want to steal (or find out where to buy) that mirror!!
<3

Bailey@ peppermintbliss said...

I know all of us lady bloggers love a chevron rug...but I really do think I love them most of all.

Unknown said...

i did a post about venetian mirrors today - and whaddya know - u have one in this pic :o)

Carpe Diem said...

Yes! I totally agree...I too posted this home office as an inspiration. I haven't begun working on my office..other than getting things together...I'm going with a different color scheme..but I found this home office's streamlined look appealing and will try my very best to mimic. I can't wait to see what you end up doing in your home office.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty wallpaper pattern! Loving the pops of turquoise in this room, so amazing! Have a nice weekend, Paloma! xoxo

ashlina {the decorista} said...

so so so pretty. love that wallpaper.

Averill said...

Love this office, especially that fantastic Adler buffet.

Abby said...

I L-o-v-e that wall paper! Pattern for interest, neutral for color!

Unknown said...

I have cyber stalked this office many many times! Glad to see I am not the only one obsessed with it! :)

Ashley Turner said...

Love it! Really is a FABULOUS room!

modernist furniture said...

What really caught my eye is the cabinet and the wall paper! So beautiful and so nice to the eyes.

Laura Trevey said...

Love the zig zag rug...

Have a wonderful weekend Paloma!
xoxo Laura

lu said...

i love this room! especially the wallpaper and that awesome set of drawers. that mirror is great, too. so much better than a room filled with ikea.. aka my apartment :( ha

CLOTHESURE

designstiles said...

Vannessa De Vargas. Yup, she's a fave of mine too. So many things about this office are fantastic.

Turquoise said...

Thank you for posting this office I decorated almost 2 years ago! I'm gald to see its still stays current and I very much appreciate all the nice comments from everyone!

BTW the cabinet was custom made and the doors slide out with files. Printer and fax all hidden inside.

Best~Vanessa