photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

10 Things I Can’t Live Without: Jen Ramos of Made by Girl

MadeByGirl

The lovely Jen Ramos, stationery designer and blogger extraordinaire over at Made by Girl, will be sharing the ten things she can’t live without today. Jen has built a name for herself through her fabulous creativity and talent and super personable blog. Welcome, Jen!

madebygirl1[1]

My iphone.

A definite must! It helps me get connected to my business contacts right on the spot, whether through a call or via email. I pre-ordered this black one but I'll definitely be buying the white one and giving this one to my husband as a gift.

madebygirl2[1]

My husband's love notes!
Ok, I CAN live without them, but why should I? He leaves them for me around the house and even uses my lipstick to write stuff on my mirror like " I love you always". I'm very lucky and grateful ! Love is a beautiful thing when you have truly experienced it.

madebygirl3[1]

Healthy Food!
I cannot stand fast food!  I'm constantly looking for ways to eat healthier, even though I sneak a cupcake or two into my diet....most of it consists of fruits veggies & fish.

madebygirl4[1] 

Painting & Artwork!
Aaah I absolutely love painting. It is one of the most relaxing hobbies I have found.

madebygirl5[1]

Cappuccino while reading Living Etc!
I swear this is one of my favorite things to do! Not sure what it is, but there is something magical about this combination. While I drink my cappuccino I feel relaxed and calm and that really helps me enjoy the magazine even more.

madebygirl6[1]

Frosted Cupcakes!
OMG! There isn't a word that describes my fascination with cupcake pictures....and NOT only pictures but I love to eat them as well. They're the perfect dessert and you can easily bake them in your own home without too much trouble. I like to get creative and add jellybeans or espresso beans as well as make a colorful frosting. Yum!

madebygirl7[1]

Dogs!
Dogs are the ultimate pets and I love having them around. They always seem to bring a smile to my face even when I am not in a good mood. They love to cuddle and really appreciate the time one spends with them. When my dogs are around, I feel safe and extremely loved.

madebygirl8[1]

Creativity!
I love creating new things, whether it's art/graphic design for my business or artwork for my home, it's a passion. The gift of creativity is something I knew I had since I was a little girl and I have managed to put it to good use now by incorporating these ideas and creations into my product.

madebygirl9[1] 

God!
When things aren't going so well, it's great to know that my hope & faith in God will get me through it. God is all around us & I am proud to say he is part of my life.

madebygirl10[1]

Books!

Let's just say, Amazon and I are best friends. I buy as many design books as I can afford and never get tired of looking at them. They are perfect to stack in a corner or on a bookshelf...I love to place mine on my coffee table and on my office bookshelf.

 

All Images by Jen Ramos

32 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jen is a big inspiration to me! Her design skills are impressive, as we could see how she decorated her home. And oh well, I love her prints, they're so much fun and would be a great present for anybody. xo

Karena said...

Jen is just fabulously interesting and talented, many of her faves are mine as well!!

Thanks Paloma!

Karena
Art by Karena

Leah said...

Oh I just love Jen! She is so incredibly talented and is the sweetest person ever! I loved learning more about her! The part where her hubby leaves her sweet love notes is just adorable and I love that she puts her trust in God!

Kate Riley said...

I adore Jen ! She is one of the most stylish bloggers out there, how fabulous to have her visiting here.
xo
Kate

Fargerike Dagny said...

Great list, Jen, and I see we're addicted to a lot of the same things! :D

xx
dagny

Zuniga Interiors Design Studio said...

What a fabulous list of Jen's favourites! She seems so very sweet and without a doubt, very talented!

Michelle

The Iconic Blog.com said...

Great post!x

Linny Jane Vintage said...

Thanks for this post - I love love love the God is Love poster:) Very inspiring!

Crystal said...

I really like the 10 Things That I Can't Live Without series. I've discovered so many new blogs that I like. Thank you.

C. Anne said...

Glad to find someone as in love with Living etc as I am! Have you seen the show where they go behind the scenes of the magazine?

Jen of MadeByGirl said...

Thank you Paloma for asking me to be part of the "10 things" feature. I had a blast doing this! Have a super nice week! BIG HUG OXOXOX

p.s. thanks so much for everyone else who left some pretty DARN nice comments about me, you ladies are great!

(JIN) Love, Loss & Lacquer said...

great list Jen

ana said...

I love Jen's blog it is always very inspiring

Carpe Diem said...

It is great to learn more about the bloggers we follow...thanks .

Islandia Lane said...

aww great list! I agree, creating would be a hard thing to give up.

Anonymous said...

Aw the love notes are so sweet, what a lucky lady!

simplyvonne said...

aww I love her 10 things! Jen is an awesome blogger! great post!

Erika Ward said...

I'm so loving this series. Jen is amazing...

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

fab list, Jen is an inspiration for many of us

eleanor said...

Great feature! I love Jen, her and her blog are gorgeous.

X

eleanor said...

Great feature! I love Jen, her and her blog are gorgeous.

X

Caitlin said...

It was so much fun getting to know Jen through her "10 Things" -- love this series :)

Also, what a great photos she took for each of the 10 things. She's got a lot of talents up her sleeve!

Marcus Design said...

I love Jen's blog, not only has she inspired me through her work, she is such a kind and supportive blogger as well. I can identify with so many things on her 10 things list and loved learning more about her.

Nancy

Emmy said...

I love this!
Totally agree on the books one. Love books! Ordered about 7 from Amazon this week :D

LiveLikeYou said...

This list is so great because it reminds you and enlightens you to things you love and appreciate. It's always my favorite read.

alison (semi-fab lane) said...

the notecards from her husband are so romantic. i love jen!

Traveling Mama said...

I think it is incredible that you mentioned your relationship with God! I think when we tap into HIS creativity there is so much more to be discovered than we ever could have imagined! And I love cupcakes too! :-)

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Love that you can't live without God! Me either!

paula said...

such a great list by Jen:)

haircutting in high heels said...

Lovely post, Love my dogs too, so I can relate, and books my ticket to dreamland before I lay me down to sleep,
Gina

Hello Lover... said...

Love Jen and love her blog! I adore Living etc but I'm yet to get myself to spend the money for the subscription!

Alkemie said...

Love Jen's style! Fantastic list and such a great idea to do this series from Paloma!

Cheers,
Karen O.