photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A Penchant for Bold Patterns

ethos3

I’ve always loved bold prints and patterns in home décor. Ikat patterns which date back for centuries have felt trendy in the past few years because of their omnipresence, but it doesn’t seem like they are going anywhere any time soon. I recently saw these gorgeous ikat rugs by Ethos on the ABC Carpet and Home website and was instantly smitten. I love the idea of incorporating a bold pattern into a room through a rug and allowing it to be a focal point. These beauties feature some gorgeous colors and patterns that would work equally well with bold, glamorous furnishings, or with a more subdued palette and clean lines. Aren’t they amazing? Which is your favorite? I go back and forth between the first and second options. Would you ever buy such a bold rug for your home?

ethos2

 

ethos

{Images via ABC Carpet & Home}

17 comments:

Laura Trevey said...

Rich in color and so luxurious!!

xoxo Laura

David Toms said...

These are wonderful with their bold colours and designs. will need the right room though

Lindsey Michelle said...

I love the first rug Paloma! I don't have anything in my home now that is that bold but I love the idea of designing a room around such a definite statement.

alison giese Interiors said...

Oh. My. These rugs have made my day. The first one, for sure!

Anonymous said...

Love, Love , Love those! So fun! Great blog!

Jennifer
http://alittleluxe040708.blogspot.com/

Gwen Driscoll said...

I, too, just saw these last week while in New York. In person, they are really powerful. Love the images you chose.

designchic said...

Such gorgeous statement pieces! The first one ...fabulous.

Lissa Pierce said...

I love the 2nd rug. I would snatch it up now if I had the extra funds to spare. I love the look of a bold rug as the focal point of a room!

Laurie from Laurie Jones Home said...

Love the first rug the best and I would use any of these rooms in my house! Go big or go home right?

DIane @ At Home in Arkansas magazine said...

lovely bold, graphic patterns. i have a 1908 house, with big rooms and high ceilings, and bold elements warm it up. I'd snatch up that first rug in a heartbeat.

Hello Lover... said...

Love these and they really make me feel so ready for fall!

Anonymous said...

Yes, yes, yes! I'd take one of these in an instant if one was offered to me ... Just gorgeous.

Carolyn said...

I like bold pattern and color too and the first and last ones are my faves.

Sketch42 said...

I need this but I probably cant afford it!

Anonymous said...

I was lucky enough to buy one of these this summer. The colours in my rug are even brighter - turquoise, orange, pink, green and black. It's absolutely stunning.

Anonymous said...

Where can you find the rug???

Unknown said...

@Anonymous I am not sure if the rugs are still available since this post is from nearly 4 years ago, but they were available at ABC Carpet & Home in New York at that time.

Good luck with your search!