photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Friday, September 24, 2010

Fabulous Room Friday 09.24.10

I love this dramatic living room by Eric Cohler that I first saw via my friend, Kyle’s blog. The scale of the room is obviously enormous, but Cohler makes it feel so inviting. I absolutely love the graphic rug and the fact that it ties the room together. The marble fireplace is also lovely. I’ve noticed that a lot of new construction, two-story homes usually feature soaring ceilings in the living/family rooms and a massive amount of space above the fireplace. I really like the way that Cohler handled that challenge, and let’s face it, it is a challenge. The stacked convex mirrors add a modern and refreshing touch to the room and fill the awkward space so well. You’ll also notice floor to ceiling zebra print drapes. Normally, you’d think miles worth of zebra fabric would be a big risk, but it works rather well here and doesn’t seem imposing at all. Perhaps because my eye is drawn to the rug and the mirrors. When you look at this room, what stands out to you the most?

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! I will be busy packing and preparing for my trip to California. I will be there all of next week, splitting my time between Los Angeles and Newport / Laguna Beach. I’ll be there working (more on this soon, promise!), but I hope to be able to sneak in a little fun while I’m there. I’m crossing my fingers that it will cool down a bit because right now it seems that I am bringing the Texas heat with me!

 

{Image Source}

14 comments:

Anna White said...

Love that image..especially those round mirrors...divine! Have a wonderful time in California...I hope you get to enjoy more play than work ;) x

Unknown said...

that room = WOW ... in love!

Nichole Loiacono said...

The rug is amazing! Uh-mazing! The room ain't half bad either! ( =

Alcira Molina-Ali said...

Very well executed, especially for such a high-ceilinged space. The convex mirrors make it sing.

thenerochronicles.blogspot.com

Consumer Katie's Comments said...

I mean where to do I start! I love the mantel, the rug, the chairs....what an awesome room!

Emily A. Clark said...

Using double mirrors above the mantle is a fantastic idea! Hope you have a great trip.

Karen said...

Love the use of the mirrors stacked over the mantle. I have a two story great room and that empty space above the mantle is the bane of my existence.

Caitlin @ Desert Domicile said...

LOVE the rug and the zebra drapes! I have 18' high ceilings in my living room and I've been dying to put a grouping of mirrors above my fireplace! Now if I could only find a ladder that's tall enough ...

Megan // Honey We're Home said...

The rug is just awesome and I'm looking for some mirrors like that for our living room. p.s. I'm dying to know what you're up to . . .

Anonymous said...

that room is stunning!

Anonymous said...

Love those chairs, but those drapes a tad too much for me.

Debra said...

Yes it is a Fabulous Friday. I love that room and everything in it. Have a great weekend all.

Anonymous said...

great picture, great floor, the curtains are superb

Carpe Diem said...

From this angle, I love the contrast between the contemporary, geometric area rug and the traditional chandelier.