photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Monday, August 4, 2008

This Week's Quote: Quarter-life Crisis?


It seems that too many people feel that change is a bad thing. "I haven't changed at all since..." they say as if it is a good thing to be the same person you have always been. It's not about conforming to what other people want you to be, but rather, evolving as a person. If we are lucky, we grow, change, explore new interests, experience new places, meet new people, embark on new journeys. These things are part of the evolution of oneself. We begin with a foundation: morals, character, personality, these things are usually constant, always there. These are the things that never change, but it is the things that we experience as we grow that help us to evolve into who we will ultimately become.

I feel like I have grown tremendously in the past year, yet as I sit here, typing this I feel very unsure. There are so many things I want to do, places I want to see, experiences yet to be had, but I feel like it is all just out of my grasp. Don't mind me. I'm just thinking out loud.

7 comments:

Brittany said...

It's been my new goal to stop going through life and to start living it. I know exactly what you mean. Life will just pass us by if we don't work for something. Thanks for your thoughts!

Days of Golden said...

I feel this way many times. I think it is a generational thing. For us 20-somethings...we are always conflicted with what else is out there.

Unknown said...

OMG, Bethany, you totally hit the nail on the head. I think I am just nervous because I am starting my new career tomorrow and all I can think about right now are the what-ifs.

Teal Chic said...

I'm with you on this. I'm 27 and there are so many things I thought I would have accomplished by this age, it's unsettling!

franki durbin said...

Excellent quote. I feel the same way... I embrace change. I am always striving to be a better me. The best
"me" possible. You can't do that by staying the same. :)

Brandie said...

Great quote. My birthday is quickly approaching and that always brings with it a mini quarter-life crisis for me. I'm going to keep this quote in mind as I get another year older.

Anonymous said...

thank you for this quote! i am turning 25 tomorrow and i needed to read this!
Katie