photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Tag, I'm it!

Me and the cheese to my macaroni, Fabian riding around San Francisco in style


The lovely Sarah of jeune marié tagged me a little while ago, so this is long overdue. She blogs about planning her upcoming wedding and all of her stylish finds.

The "rules" are as follows:
1. Link to the person who tagged you
2. Post these six rules on your blog
3. Write 6 random things about yourself
4. Tag 6 people at the end of your post and link to them
5. Let each person you have tagged know by leaving a comment on their blog. Let the tagger know when your entry is posted.

First off, I have to admit that I am recycling my answers from a survey I did a while ago that was just like this, but called for 7 weird things about me so this may sound familiar to you. I thought it would be difficult to come up with that many weird things, but ha ha...it wasn't!

1. I am a bona fide germophobe. I can't tell you how much Purell I go through every day at work. While I was still teaching, my students were so amused by the fact that I refused to touch the hall pass (God only knows what they do with it when they take it to the bathroom.) and that I would sanitize my hands after touching almost anything! Some of them genuinely worried about me and asked if maybe I should switch brands so that I don't build up an immunity, but I would tell them I'd rather take my chances than know that all of that awful bacteria is on my hands.


2. I have what I like to call "placement issues". Everything in my house, car, or classroom has a designated place and it should be there at all times. If you move something from its place, you are expected to return it to its designated spot once you've finished using it. No one in my life seems to understand how important this is. Instead, they just leave stuff wherever they feel like it and I am constantly having to put stuff where it belongs. I know things like this shouldn't matter and that I should let it go, but I can't. I'm sick, I know.

3. I am also very particular about my bedding. I can only sleep on a down pillow, otherwise my neck and head hurt. Also, the sheets need to be straight at all times. This has been kind of an issue since my husband is the type that likes to wrap himself up in a ball made of the sheets and comforter. First, we did away with a top sheet to alleviate the situation. He has gotten much better, though and no longer pulls the covers up so much that my feet are uncovered and my head is drowning. Now, if I could only get him to stop snoring...

4. I don't eat pork. Sort of. You see, I can eat ham or bacon, but I don' eat either very often. Ham is fine and bacon tastes great, but I always ask for things like sandwiches without bacon since it is so fattening. However, I can't eat things like pork chops or pork tenderloin. I know Anthony Bourdain would surely crucify me for this, but I just don't like the way it tastes. Oh, and I don't do sausage.

5. I pee a lot. I get up several times throughout the night to pee and have been known to go two or three times during a movie.

6. I consider myself a "lyrical genius" (jokingly, of course) because I sing around the house all the time. I like to take well-known songs and give them new lyrics about anything and everything. Call me a modern-day Weird Al Yankovic.

I am not going to tag anyone in particular as I have probably tagged you before and it would be more fun if everyone played along!


3 comments:

Sarah Ring said...

Thanks for playing along!! :)

franki durbin said...

Paloma, we share some interesting quirks! #2, #3, #4 and #5 could have all been written by yours truly!

I'll have to tag myself as well ;)

Anonymous said...

#'s 2,3,5 & 6

You're not alone!