photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Photo of the Day 07.31.12

image

As I was flipping through the new “Designer Secrets” special issue of Canada’s Style at Home magazine, I fell in love with this fabulous breakfast nook. I love the contrast of formal traditional shapes, like the table and settee mixed with the modern chair, lamp, and graphic rug. The rich, deep navy velvet upholstery on the settee is the perfect backdrop for the fabulous mix of pillows. The chic roman drapes, framed abstract print, and orchid are the perfect finishing touches. What are your thoughts? Love it or Leave it?

6 comments:

Kristen said...

I love it. Navy is a fav and I'm all about mixing styles. This room just feels right.

Crissy @ House of Marlowe said...

Oh how I love thee...... navy settee!

Beautifulosophy said...

Love it. Defenitely.
Caroline

Bianca Sotelo said...

My favorite thing in this room is the rug! It really pulls the eclectic style together!!

Dawna Jones Design said...

I think the success of a room is when styles are mixed together. It is so much more interesting then choosing one thing and going all out for it! I'm a firm believer even in the style of my own modern home that you have to introduce some vintage to warm it up and keep it real!
http://www.dawnajonesdesign.com/

LindsB said...

Love it! the colors are fun and I could totally see myself living here