photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Friday, July 6, 2012

Fabulous Room Friday 07.06.12

EKB3
{A Gorgeous Vignette by Eileen Kathryn Boyd}
This week, I am majorly crushing on this stunning living room designed by Eileen Kathryn Boyd for Traditional Home’s 2011 Holiday House. The colors in the space are so vibrant and the watercolor treatment on the walls is simply beautiful, adding depth and richness to the space. In my opinion, what makes this room truly spectacular is the way in which Boyd has layered textures, colors, and patterns. She plays with these elements, mixing jewel tones with neutral colors all while utilizing restraint as evidenced through her selection of classic shapes. This is most definitely my favorite type of space—a sort of “modern traditional room” rooted in timeless silhouettes mixed with bold colors and a bit of glamour. I am so inspired by this space, but I feel a bit panicked now because it makes me want to redecorate my entire house!  EKB Showhouse
{It’s nearly impossible to select a favorite element in this room. I love the tufted kelly green ottomans in the foreground as well as all of the fabulous seating and the amazing console table in the background. Our friends at Circa Lighting donated all of the Visual Comfort & Co. lighting used for this room and it looks fabulous! The Large Cornice Hanging Lantern hangs in the back while a pair of Simple Floor Lamps with Silk Banded Shades by Barbara Barry flank the mocha-colored sofa.}
EKB4
{Notice the chair in the foreground which is upholstered in two different fabrics. Isn’t that a fun touch? Two TT Single Wall Lights frame the fireplace while a round cocktail ottoman resides under a modern coffee table. How do you feel about the striking watercolor wallpaper by Tracy Hiner's Black Crow Studios? Could you see yourself incorporating this into your own home? I would love to use it in a powder bathroom.}
ekb2
{Notice the Greek key trim on the wall. It’s such a beautiful detail.}
jossandmain
On another note, I have some exciting news to share! I will be curating a sale for Joss & Main next Tuesday evening. The theme is “Bold Glamour” and I am thrilled to share a fabulous assortment of products with everyone. If you aren’t a member of this fantastic members-only flash sale site yet, you can join here. Have a wonderful weekend!

18 comments:

Tinacious Me said...

it's so pretty! it's someone watercolor painted the entire room!
~ www.Tinacious.Me ~

Blair Friedeman said...

Stunning!!!! The walls are just incredible. Have a great weekend!

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

Such a gorgeous room- that rich purple velvet is delicious!

Chelsea said...

WOW - that wall treatment is out of this world! I love everything about this room!!

suzanne said...

Wow, what a gorgeous wall treatment! The watercolor look is so interesting...may try to DIY this:)

Kristen said...

I'm really enjoying these watercolor walls. The pallet is gorgeous as well.

natalie / half asleep studio. said...

AMAZING walls! love love love it.

Anonymous said...

Wow!! This is the most inspiring room I've seen in a long time. I absolutely adore this room and EKB!!! Her use of color is always perfect. The only element that I'm not in love with, however, is the sofa. The color just doesn't seem quite right, to me, for the space. Am I missing something?

Yolonda | Style Fragment said...

Love! Love the colors! Love the purple chairs!

Anonymous said...

Any description of this room should include a shout out to Tracy Hiner's Black Crow Studios, the entity responsible for the amazing walls, which are actually wallpaper. They will work with your custom colors in sizes from framed picture to entire walls. I am not associated with the company in any way, just blown away by what they do.

Sue in RI

Mr Paul said...

Crikey, I love that watercolour finish on the walls.

Paul XO

Unknown said...

Anonymous, thank you for sharing the source of the wallpaper!

Anonymous said...

Finally, a lovely room that's not gray and white and boring all over. Beautiful and unusual color combination used here and it works beautifully. Very soothing.

p-l-a-i-d said...

The watercolor on the walls is gorgeous!!!! What a fun way to add color.

Sarah Hulbert Style said...

I have to agree, this room is FABULOUS! Loving the zebra print bench and the ottoman-inside-a-coffee-table. Does anyone else feel the sofa is a bit of a letdown after all that great design? Would like to see a crisp white, a vibrant hue, or a subtle pattern. Ah, well. It's all still gorgeous. Thanks for posting!!!

Anonymous said...

GREAT POST:)
Your blog is so wonderful and Im following...I hope you follow me also:)

If you want some cute swedish decor inspiration...check out my new post:)

Have a great week.

LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se
(sweden)

baju muslim murah said...

i love your blog, to express your views, this is the correct way.

LiveLaughDecorate said...

The green ottomans had me at hello. The rest is just the icing on the cake. LOVELY

Deb.