photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

La Dolce Vita is Turning Five!

Pinned Image
This week marks five years since I began writing this La Dolce Vita in the summer of 2007. What started out as a respite from summer boredom, a creative outlet to help me start writing again, has flourished into something that I wouldn’t have imagined in my wildest dreams. If you had told me five years ago that this blog would give me the courage to leave my teaching job, start a magazine, meet so many fascinating people with the same interests, and literally take me to destinations I’d never visited before, I wouldn’t have believed it. I owe so much to this blog. It has allowed me to tap into my true passions. It has given me the wings to take risks and anytime I’ve stumbled along the way, it has given me the resilience to get back up and keep moving forward. Writing La Dolce Vita has helped me to believe that you really can do just about anything you set your mind to so long as you’re willing to put in the work. This blog has made more goal-oriented as there always seems to be so much more that I’d like to achieve in the future. Onward and upward!
Pinned Image
One of the most valuable things writing La Dolce Vita has allowed me to do is meet you-- whether it’s been through your kind comments or actually meeting face to face. This blog has enriched my life beyond measure. I am more confident and in touch with who I truly am greatly because of this blog and of course, because of you. Thank you for coming back every day. Thank you for taking the time to comment, e-mail, and tweet with your amazing feedback. Thank you for not giving up on me in the times when I had almost given up on myself. Most of all, thank you for your incredible support, friendship, and for being a source of constant inspiration in so many ways. I look forward to continuing this amazing journey with you and seeing what the future holds

{Images via Pinterest}

14 comments:

Kristen said...

Congratulations!! You are such an inspiration to so many bloggers out there. Thank you for continuing to inspire.

Donna Benedetto said...

Congrats to you, keep the great content coming !
Donna
thebeneblog.com

Admin said...

Congratulations! Hope you keep writing for a long time.

mikky said...

Hi Paloma,

Keeping up a blog for so many years is such a great accomplishment. I remember back in the early days reading posts where you mentioned you were getting ready to tutor some little kids, my how times have changed! The fact that you have kept your blog so fresh and engaging all these years is amazing. Hope you have yourself a little party to celebrate. I`m looking forward to reading the next 5 years!

All the best,
mikky
www.todaloos.com

Amy said...

Congratulations on your 5-years of writing! It's amazing what an online entry will do, no? I started writing to get over a relationship a few years ago, and have found a wealth of opportunities, friends, life lessons and experiences that have truly outweighed all the reasons for starting in the first place.

Here's to more years of great writing and wonderful content. Cheers!

France@federal posters said...

Happy 5th blog anniversary! La Dolce Vita shared many interesting things that are hard to forget, long live to your blog!

Splendid Sass said...

Congratulations! Well earned popularity!
Teresa
xoxo

claudiaberry@gmail.com said...

Felicidades Paloma, I hope this beautiful place is around for many, many more years!!!

Sarah said...

Bon Anniversaire, La Dolce Vita! I was around when you started and love to see how you've grown. Here's to many more years of success and adventure.

Solene said...

Congratulations Paloma! I'm so happy that you found your true calling. Who would have thought 13 years ago sitting in Ms Jones's class that I would be reading your blog today? Life definitely works in mysterious ways...

Here's to many more years of success for you and La Dolce Vita!

Amy @ Five Kinds of Happy said...

Wow... congratulations! this is something to aspire to!
xAmy

Unknown said...

Congrats on turning 5! I can't wait to when I'll be able to say that about my blog and hope it's as successful as yours!

www.donnaviningblog.com

Dawna Jones Design said...

Congratulations, you are an inspiration to those of us who hope to have the same success as you one day!Keep up the good and hard work Paloma!
http://www.dawnajonesdesign.com/

dervla @ The Curator said...

congratulations, Paloma. Your blog is one of the ones I love to read.