photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Handsome for the Home: Cavalier by Jay Jeffers

cavalier
Cavalier, the new home furnishings store from the mind of talented interior designer, Jay Jeffers makes me want to hop on a plane to San Francisco immediately to check it all out in person! This handsome, new design outpost offers a perfectly-curated selection of chic homegoods. Jeffers partnered with Creative Director, Michael Purdy to open Cavalier incorporating their shared love of a bold, masculine aesthetic tinged with a witty sense of humor. Housed in the front of Jeffers’ 4,000 square foot design atelier, Cavalier offers customers a taste of Jeffers’ fabulous taste, his willingness to take risks and play with scale, as well as an assortment of painstakingly-curated new, vintage, and custom items. Cavalier will be the first store to debut Jeffers’ new collection of furniture and accessories made in California. In fact, one of Cavalier’s defining factors is that Jeffers and Purdy have taken great care to select products from American companies such as Howl Studios, Shizue Imai, and Alexandra Von Furstenberg. I personally love the masculine edge present in the store. I love the mix of textures, the chic palette, and the juxtaposition of items from various time periods. The result is a space that looks layered and personal. So personal that it is majorly calling my name!
cavalier5
{Proprietors Jay Jeffers and Michael Purdy at the Entrance of Cavalier}
cavalier3
{I mean, seriously. Isn’t it amazing? I want just about everything in this photo, especially the gorgeous ivory chairs in the center of the room.}cavalier2
{I’m in love. The overall color palette in the store is perfection. Notice the amazing vignette in the background. The artwork is so striking.}
cavalier6
{There are so many interesting pieces that I would probably spend several hours in the store taking it all in.}
cavalier4
{"Cavalier showcases my debut collection of California-made furniture, lighting and accessories, and is also the exclusive stockist for home furnishings and accessories created with designers from around the world." - Jay Jeffers}
cavalier7
{Co-owner, Michael Purdy says "We styled the store to feel like a like a chic urban apartment --  it's about cool, uncommon and collected things." It could certainly pass as a home, couldn’t it? I currently want to redecorate my entire house and am feeling very inspired by the look of Cavalier. It makes me want to mix things up a bit more and add more of a masculine edge to my own home. If only I had these amazing windows!}
cavalier8
For more on Cavalier, please visit http://www.cavaliergoods.com/.

4 comments:

Splendid Sass said...

Palonma-
This shop is amazing! To say that the look is layered is exact. Draped in beauty and class. I love everything here. I will not miss stopping by if in SF.
Thank you for sharing.
Teresa
xoxo

Neda said...

Wow! I'm blown away by the gorgeous details...I want everything on the shelves and the business card holder too! xx

Dawna Jones Design said...

Wow I could just move right in and be sooo happy! What a great team and incredible taste!
http://www.dawnajonesdesign.com/

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous shop! Everything is absolutely stunning!!

www.donnaviningblog.com