photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Monday, February 6, 2012

Ikea Hacks

Pinned Image

{One of the original Ikea Hacks I ever came across, this RAST nightstand makeover is classic and elegant.}

I’ll admit, I’m not a very handy or crafty person, but I do love a good bargain, especially when high style can be obtained for a low price. I’ve seen these Ikea Hacks floating around for a while and I finally decided to round-up some of my favorites. I am dying to pick up a RAST nightstand, Lack Side Table, and maybe even a MALM console table and try these hacks out myself—with the help of my talented and super handy hubby of course!

{This RAST transformation is definitely one of my favorite Ikea Hacks. A Dorothy Draper look on a budget? Love it!}

Pinned Image

{The RAST Dresser underwent a Campaign-style makeover as seen on Little Green Notebook.}

Pinned Image

{This basic Ikea LACK received a chic makeover thanks to some nailheads, some glue, and a patient do-it-yourselfer.}

Pinned Image

{Corbetts from Home Depot, Wood Filler, Glue, and Paint morphed this $7.99 LACK Side Table into a fabulous, Moroccan-inspired piece for next to nothing!

Pinned Image

{This hack via Christine of Bijou and Boheme is simple, yet awesome. She transformed a $60 KLUBBO coffee table into a stylish, modern piece with a little gold leaf!}

budget-decor-christine-dovey.jpg

{Also from Christine and Bijou and Boheme, this Ikea MALM console table received an ultra-glamorous makeover when it was covered in gold leaf. Sheer genius!}

Pinned Image

{A Pair of EDLAND Chests get a Hollywood Regency Makeover Courtesy of Alison at My Little Happy Place.}

{Armed with some Greek key overlays and some gold paint, Amanda Carol completely transformed this Ikea MALM Dresser.}

 

Have you tried any Ikea hacks around your own home? Which of the projects in this post are you most impressed by?

29 comments:

Julie Khuu | Haute Khuuture said...

Such fabulous ideas and total transformations! LOVE the Draper hack and the greek fretwork...so chic, very regency...right up my alley! Definitely tops my DIY list right now...thanks for the inspiration!

Now I just need a jigsaw tutorial and we're set!

xo-Julie
Peace. Love. LOL!

Haute Khuuture.com

BrookeJ said...

Love Ikea hacks, these are all gorgeous!

Chic Geek said...

Love I'm in the final stages of my very own Ikea hack ;)

Bethany [at] Powell Brower Home said...

I just posted one of my Ikea Hacks the other day. God love Ikea for their cheap furniture, when you are in a pinch! So many clever people out there to zhush them up :)

Bethany @
Powell Brower Home


Link to my Ikea Hack:
http://www.powellbrower.com/2012/01/office-project-numero-uno-also-happens.html

Vannessa@Luxuria said...

LOVE the black transformation; so elegant.

Jalon Burton said...

Love it - what a great idea! I am always in the mood for a bargain or two - but who isn't? Thanks for sharing - gets the creative juices flowing! Have a lovely Monday

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

I swear I'm not a very handy person either, but I've tackled quite a few of these hacks. (The newest being a Klubbo ottoman I shared today.) Really it just takes time to plan things out and do all the steps. If you skimp out on sanding, it will show. Or if you do quicky corners on an ottoman, it will look cheap. It's the details that help transform these Ikea pieces into custom beauties.

Just love that Moroccan table idea!

Amy said...

These are such great ideas! I've always thought IKEA pieces had so much potential that what we see inside the stores. Thanks for sharing these wonderful ideas with us.

Anonymous said...

Great photos!

alicia said...

each piece is so gorgeous! love the transformations.

Kristy @ I Design Love said...

These hacks are amazing! I wish I was good with DIY things because I would totally try one of these hacks:)

www.idesignlove.com

cotedetexas said...

whoa. incredible. they all look so expensive now. i wish i was handy!

Amanda said...

aww thanks for the feature Paloma! there really are some amazing pieces projects out there.

Matters of Style said...

Just posted one today!!

Lindsey said...

I just finished an Ikea Hack Lack coffee table the other week: http://www.entertainingchic.com/2012/01/priceless-sort-of.html. It was a lot of work but totally worth it. The gold leaf is genius!

Marcus Design said...

Thank you so much for including my Dorothy Draper hack today Paloma!! I still LOVE them every time I look at them at my bedside in the mornings :) Hugs to you,

Nancy xo

lamb and blonde said...

These Ikea make-overs are all fabulous! I especially like the gold leaf on the coffee table base.

Annie Vincent Interiors said...

Ikea hacks are my favorite!! Thanks for posting this there were some I hadn't seen before!

designchic said...

Love these hacks. Cannot get over the simplicity of adding corbels to the LACK table...what an amazing difference!!

Unknown said...

what a wonderful post dahhling! Inspiring indeed..proves there is potential in everything with a little imagination & lots of work!

Lindsey @ arkadian belle woods said...

Hi Paloma! I just found your blog from through a series of Twitter linkage! I am in love! I am so glad I found your blog! It's gorgeous! Love these furniture upgrades!

Jacquelyn {The 20 Something Society} said...

Such lovely Ikea hacks!

alison giese Interiors said...

Hi Paloma! Thanks for sharing my Edland chests - I've gotten a lot of mileage out of that hack!
I'm consistently amazed at what people can do to upgrade ikea's basic pieces - the little corbels - simply brilliant!

Unknown said...

Thank you so so much for including my two gold hacks...love every single one you posted!

Unknown said...

Love every single one of these!!! Christine's gold malm is just stunning!!!

Anna - Canoe Design said...

SO inspiring!! it is so great to see all these IKEA DIY ideas and make-overs.
Love the creativity and patience!

{The Design Daredevil} Jessie D. Miller said...

Love all of this inspiration! Regency is my jam! Can't wait to do the nailhead on my own......and the Greek Key pattern!

Thanks!

XO~JD

www.jessiedmiller.com

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

Im going to tackle the rast classic one over the weekend. Im not very handy either so fingers crossed!

Gisele Chic said...

Amazing ideas! I want to try them all, especially anything with gold-leaf paint!

-Monica Gisele