photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Monday, February 27, 2012

White Hot!

Gwyneth+Paltrow in 84th Annual Academy Awards - Arrivals

{Gwyneth Paltrow, the embodiment of polished perfection dazzled in her chic, white Tom Ford gown and cape at last night’s Oscars ceremony.}

Two things stood out to me during last night’s Oscars ceremony. First, I need to watch The Artist and Hugo as they swept most of the awards last night. And second, white is definitely the color of the moment. I wasn’t completely blown away by any of the looks I saw on the red carpet, but my three favorites all had one thing in common—their gowns were white. Gwyneth Paltrow takes top honors from me as “Best Dressed”. In a sea of bedazzled gowns, I love that she opted for elegant simplicity. Her statuesque figure is perfect for the fabulous white Tom Ford gown complete with a matching cape. She kept the look minimal, sporting only a diamond cuff and had her hair pulled back into a soft, stylish ponytail. Perfection!

{Rooney Mara was phenomenal in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and she looked fantastic last night. Her white Givenchy gown is structured on top, befitting her affinity for rigid looks, but the rest of the dress is soft and flowing. The bangs and red lipstick add to the 1930s vibe of her look.}

{Milla Jovovich really brought the glamour to the red carpet. Her white, one shouldered Elie Saab gown is beautiful and fits her like a glove. Paired with loads of diamonds, soft waves, red lips, and a fabulous box clutch, the look is the embodiment of Hollywood glamour.}

 

Who did you think was “Best Dressed” on the red carpet last night? How about “Worst Dressed”? Did you happen to like any of these three white looks?

13 comments:

Meghan said...

I enjoyed Shailene Woodley's dress as well!

Denise said...

Penelope Cruz wore the most beautiful gown at the Oscars. Octavia Spencer looked amazing, too. Gwyneth Paltrow and Milla Jovovich wore lovely gowns as well.

But that thing that Rooney Mara wore is just awful - it looks like it was designed by a structural engineer!

Tiffany Leigh {thedesignerlifestyle} said...

Gwyneth was definitely my favourite of the night (I'm sure I'm not the only one). She looked perfect in her dress and cape, and the sleek styling of simple pulled back hair and a large diamond cuff was flawless.
Tiffany
thedesignerlifestyle.blogspot.com

B.A.D I Blog About Design said...

I loved Rooney Mara's dress.

Unknown said...

I liked Milla Jovovich's dress the best! I thought it was interesting so many stars chose white! But the white looked great, especially paired with the red red lipstick!

Sealed With A Kay

xo
Kayla

Amy said...

I really like Gwyneth Paltrow's dress, more so because of how it fit her and how great she looks in it. Less is more!

Anonymous said...

Gwyneth seriously tops herself every red carpet! She's amazing! Worst dressed..hmmm I don't know..I did not like Sandra Bullock's and I usually love her and Marchesa but not this time. I also thought it was crazy that an 11 year old was wearing Valentino couture! Inappropriate..or maybe I'm just jealous!

Minnie and Daisy said...

Rooney Mara was also one of my (many) favorites!! xoxo Minnie&Daisy

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

Gwyneth was by far my favorite. Her cape added a touch of intrigue to her outfit. I was also inspired by all the white on the red carpet!

the chic addict said...

Gwyneth's cape was amazing. I love Rooney Mara, as always.

http://thechicaddict.blogspot.com

Staci said...

I like Gwyneth's dress, but I'm not crazy about that cape. It just doesn't do it for me.

Carissa said...

Wish I could pull off the all white look! So classic.

x
Carissa

Punctuation Mark said...

I think Mila looked fantastic... one of the best dressed!