photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Friday, February 24, 2012

Fabulous Room Friday 02.24.12

luis bustamante

{This beautiful dressing room features exquisite woodwork. I love the effect of the high gloss finish and contrasting paint colors. The nickel hanging shade is a gorgeous, versatile piece that I was awestruck over upon first glance. The glossy finishes throughout add such polish to the space.}

Discovering a designer who is new to me is always such a sweet surprise. After viewing Spanish designer, Luis Bustamante’s portfolio for the first time yesterday, I was beyond impressed. The Madrid-based designer’s work is slightly more classical than what I tend to post on La Dolce Vita, but it is completely stunning. No detail is spared. Every space is perfectly curated—Bustamante takes chic sophistication to a completely new level. The spaces he designs could be considered museum quality, if there was such a thing. After visiting Madrid for my 30th birthday in November, I realized that “Madrileños”, as residents of Madrid are called, are some of the most stylish people on the planet. Tradition reigns in Madrid and that is reflected in their interiors. Things take a more classical turn in this well-heeled city than they do in Barcelona.

I’ve talked about feeling a sort of “design overload” in the past. Over the years, it has become harder to find spaces that I am truly moved by and honestly find different than anything else. Bustamante’s work has done just that for me. I could go on and on, but I’ll save it for Monday, when I’ll be posting a “Style Profile” story on Bustamante. Today, let’s focus on this amazing space. I’d like to call it a “gentleman’s suite”. I simply had to post both the dressing room and bedroom since they are both incredibly stunning and couldn’t bring myself to narrow it down to just one.

luis bustamante4

{I love that the bedroom is done in crisp white. It’s a complete contrast to the dark, moody dressing room. It is no less tailored, though. Everything is so handsome!}

luis bustamante2

{I love the use of color and texture. No matter how slight, it adds such rich depth to the room.}

luis bustamante3

{Notice how Bustamante has used the same lamp design throughout the bedroom and dressing room. I usually love mixing lighting up a bit, but the result here is fabulous. It adds continuity to the space and makes it feel like a luxury hotel property. I also love the abstract paintings near the console table.}

luis bustamante6

{The masculine bathroom features marble, classic sconces, and black and white striped wallpaper.}

 

{Images Courtesy of Luis Bustamante}

19 comments:

Crissy @ House of Marlowe said...

Amazing! I love all that high contrast white and black and in my opinion you can never go wrong with a white bedroom. Heaven!

Kristy @ I Design Love said...

Stunning! I love the striped walls in the bathroom and the fairly neutral color palette. So sophisticated.

www.idesignlove.com

Casa Très Chic said...

It´s no secret I love black and white rooms, so this post almost brought tears to my eyes.
Absolutely gorgeous, thanks for sharing such beautiful images.
Have a nice weekend.
Tereza

Tatiana Doria said...

I love that bathroom!!
Great post!

www.tatianadoria.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

LOVE the sterile white in that bedroom, with textures and black to balance.... and the black walls in the kitchen! stunning.
Nancy
http://www.powellbrower.com/2012/02/trend-or-timeless.html

Courtney said...

I love that bed. It looks like the one from Room & Board, but with a headboard! Do you happen to know who makes it?

Inés said...

Black & White...Classy, chic!!! Gorgeous styling!

Have the best weekend!

SimplyClassyMe.blogspot.com

Miya @ Design Indulgences said...

I really like the bedroom. Everything about it. Thanks for sharing.

DecoratorsBest said...

Love black and white! I was just looking at a Clarke & Clarke Wallpaper recently (Globetrotter in Jet) on our site, and this reminded me how much I love it!

Anonymous said...

Stunning! I love the use of red through out his interiors as well!

Unknown said...

Love the contrast between the black and white and that closet is major! Everything about this room is super fab!
Natasha
http://www.lovedesignbarbados.blogspot.com

Haus and Home said...

What an amazing dressing room. I would love to see inside the cabinets how the items are organized.

Unknown said...

beautiful rooms dahhling...

The Golden Girls said...

the black and white contrast is amazing!!!
xx,
The Golden Girls

P.S. be sure to enter our spa giveaway :)

Kellie Collis said...

Gorgeous rooms! Loving the black and white simplicity! Have a beautiful week ahead, Kellie xx

Carissa said...

Gorgeous! I love all the black and white!

kat @ dot dot dash said...

I absolutely love that bedroom, amazing contrast wit black and white.
The bedframe is brilliant
x kat

Aurelia said...

I found inspirations in all your posts. Thanks
http://aprettylife13.blogspot.com/

Like Me Some said...

Black & White always classic! Fantastic photos! The bedroom is stunning, crisp white...