photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Magazine Magic: Canadian Chic

I recently came across this gorgeous penthouse designed by Canadian designer, Sasha Josipovicz of Studio Pyramid in Style at Home and instantly fell in love with the beautiful jewel tones and gilded touches he employed. Last week, I asked you all if your style was more masculine or feminine and to me, this space exemplifies an ideal balance of both design sensibilities.

{The gorgeous living room features beautiful jewel tones, abstract art, and gilded mirrors and lamps along with classic shapes.}

{The dining nook is chic, tailored, and timeless.}

{A Slightly More Masculine Room}

As a side note, I just have to say that one of my favorite things about working on High Gloss has been styling for photo shoots behind the scenes. It is so fun working a room until it has just the right touches and details. Moving an item from one side of the room to the other can make all the difference. Style at Home’s blog featured a behind the scenes story on this home and how it evolved from the scouting photos to what we were shown in the magazine. It’s magazine magic! Check it out here.

 

{Image via Style at Home}

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved this spread when I saw it in Style at Home- the artwork is so stunning and I love the jewel tones. I saw the scouting shots and it's amazing to see what some lighting and a stylist can do- the room was always gorgeous but the magazing shoot made it just come to life.

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

Hola, Paloma! :-)

This is a Beautiful penthouse! I live in Canada and subscribe to "Style at Home". It's a very interesting magazine... lots of inspiration there too.

The living room is amazing! I love the big mirrors. It makes the room feel "airy". That purple throw is a winner! I wish I could wear it! :-)


Have a lovely day!

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

ARTlightenment said...

Love the colors and structures of the rooms! I am wondering who the artist is of the painting in the living room above the sofa, beautiful colors!

Alexandra said...

I love these spaces and the fact that its by a fellow Canadian! Lovely post! xo

Elise Lowerison said...

These designs are classic and gorgeous. I came across your post this afternoon while browsing interior design blogs and the topic of window treatment selection was very interesting to me. It is true that you must dress your windows appropriately to bring out their true beauty. Thank you for writing and as a special thanks to you and your readers, I would like to offer a 20% off coupon using this code upon checkout: BLG20.

Behind the Lashes said...

Really beautiful house. The jewel tones in that first photo are just gorgeous.
xoxo Heather

Sketch42 said...

GORGEOUS.... I love the living room. I actually really like them all!

Living Livelier said...

Neat and different space! Thanks for sharing - I forget to pick up InStyle for their interiors spreads. Love how those gilded gold mirrors can be mistaken for doorways at a quick glance... :) Deb

quintessence said...

Styling is definitely an art although this penthouse already had a lot going for it. The mirrors were a great idea for that very long wall and I love the cozy dining nook - what a very appealing spot!

*** said...

I love the living room with the two oversized mirrors.

Have a great day!

Rali