photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Giving Thanks + Setting a Pretty Table

Fall 2010 076

Happy Thanksgiving, dear friends! As I reflect on what I am thankful for, all of my wonderful readers and your amazing outpouring of support for High Gloss immediately come to mind. I feel so blessed to be able to follow my dreams and to have so many incredibly supportive people cheering me on along the way. 

I am always striving to share more personal things with you all, so I thought I’d share a few snaps of my Thanksgiving table. I haven’t finished setting it just yet, but I am super excited about venturing outside of the typical Thanksgiving color scheme this year. It all started with these Pomegranate ikat placemats in pink, purple, and red that I ordered from One Kings Lane. I decided to build upon that theme, but wanted to pull in a bit of fall, so I added pink and orange roses (a la High Gloss) in my Moroccan tea glasses for an added ethnic flare to go with the ikat. The glittered pumpkins give it a much needed dose of fall, otherwise this table setting could have applied to any other occasion. I still need to add the rest of the glassware, silverware, napkins, and place cards, but you get the idea. I hope you all have a fabulous holiday and thank you again from the bottom of my heart for all of your support over the years!

Fall 2010 038

Fall 2010 042

Fall 2010 044

Fall 2010 057

Fall 2010 046

Fall 2010 071

Fall 2010 107

{Did someone say turkey?}

 

{Image Credit: Paloma Contreras for La Dolce Vita}

22 comments:

Unknown said...

First, adorable doggie! Second, I love those placemats!

Mona Thompson said...

Your table is beautiful, and what a precious dog! Happy Thanksgiving! Mona

Rashon Carraway said...

What a great way to reuse those glasses. A colorful table. Happy Thanksgiving from Mr. Goodwill Hunting.

http://mrgoodwillhunting.blogspot.com

Francine Gardner said...

I also love my moroccan glasses for table setting.
Love your thanksgiving table!
Enjoy the feast, Francine

Kelly Krugh said...

Beautiful colors and patterns! I also LOVE the bamboo buffet in the background! Gorgeous! Happy Thanksgiving!

tennisd said...

Where did you get the dog collar (the little bone)? Thanks

Lucy said...

1. LOVE your little vases for the flowers, really adorable.
2. LOVE your pup!
3. Happy Thanksgiving!

*** said...

What a beautiful table. Happy Thanksgiving, Paloma!

Rachael said...

Beautiful!!

www.rachaeldiab.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Thank you, everyone!

tennisd, Tate's id tag is from Red Dingo.

http://www.reddingo.net/tags1.htm

tennisd said...

Thanks Paloma, HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

mrsplainjane said...

So beautiful Paloma! Wishing you a wonderful day filled with family and food. Robbie is excited to try your recipe- I'm wishing we could just crash your Thanksgiving ;) Love you tons. And Mr. Tate looks SO handsome. I miss him!

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

really pretty, love the colors!
Have a great day Paloma, happy Thanksgiving xo

Behind the Lashes said...

Great photos. Hope you and your family have a lovely Thanksgiving.
xoxo Heather

Ann said...

What a lovely table setting and the dog is so cute:)

Happy Thanksgiving...

Tiina said...

Paloma, this looks so beautiful! We don't celebrate thanksgiving, unfortunately, but next one is christmass eve, and looking forward to it so much! Hope you had a great dinner party! Xoxo tiina

Caroline @ The Feminist Housewife said...

What a GORGEOUS table!!!!! I love it!

Aww, and the puppy is too cute!

Peggy and Fritz said...

The table looks fabulous. Love the color scheme and had to giggle because I almost ordered that same pattern on One Kings Lane. I loved that who series but I was so broke that week I just looked at it in my cart and had to remove it. UGH. Love the roses lined up. I decided to change it up too and did all green with field flowers and filler in mason jars. The dog - well you know I love my dog Ginger...couldn't be cuter and she has the same name tag in pink.

Sarah Greenman said...

Hope you had a beautiful Thanksgiving. From the looks of your table, it appears that you did! xo - Sarah

Katie said...

So pretty, I love the flowers!

The Goods Design said...

Absolutely stunning!

Beau lifestyle said...

Pretty pictures, love the placemats and the look of your puppy´s face!
www.beaulifestyle.blogspot.com