photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Friday, November 12, 2010

Fabulous Room Friday 11.12.10

bed_everythingfabulous

I love the chic simplicity of this bedroom. Nearly everything is white: the oversized, tufted headboard, the linens, the drapes, even the drum shade chandelier. The French-inspired bench and chair add both texture and charm to the room. They give the space a more lived-in, collected feel. Anything too modern or minimal would have taken the room in a completely different direction. Personally, I love a bright bedroom with crisp white linens. Would you prefer to see more color in this room or do you like it as is?

I am looking forward to spending time with some old friends this weekend. I will also be working on some exciting things for High Gloss and will be getting my house ready for my friend, Jeni who is coming to visit from California next week! Have a great weekend!

 

{Image Source}

13 comments:

Jordana @ White Cabana said...

Beautiful. I love the extra long bench at the end of the bed. Oh - and the high tufted headboard. It has such a calm feeling.
-J

HeddyShea said...

How I love white rooms!
xo
shs

HeddyShea said...

How I love white rooms!
xo
shs

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful! Love the chocolate and white... so warm and serene....

Jennifer

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

Oh.. what a perfect bed.. I wish I could spend my whole weekend on a bed like that. :-)

Thank you for the inspiration!


Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Unknown said...

So tranquil and prety- white never disappoints. Happy Weekend!

Jacci in Ohio said...

Love it as is, but if there were peonies on the bedside table in a lovely medium pink, that would be even better! Just one, purposeful dash of pink :)

Behind the Lashes said...

Room is really lovely. Have a great weekend!
xoxo Heather

Rachael said...

Love the simplicity of this room as well, so beautiful and relaxing.

www.rachaeldiab.blogspot.com

Beautifully Seaside // Formerly Chic Coastal Living said...

I love this room especially the light fixture. I was in Williams Sonoma and saw one similar and now I think I'm going to pick it up tomorrow! Hopefully it's still there! Wish me luck!

Carpe Diem said...

I love the simplicity of the color scheme used. But the gem of it all is the contrast between the dark floors/cow hide and the soft textures of a tufted headboard and soft linens. Love it.

quintessence said...

Love the elegant simplicity of the room. The height of the headboard allows for the absence of artwork, mirrors etc to work and ground the space. Lovely!

Unknown said...

Beautiful room. Love the headboard, I'm doing a Showhouse room for a teen girl and I'm using a white vinyl upholstered headboard. Color would've diluted the drama of this room. Love it just the way it is.