photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Jacket Required

jacket required4

{The Foundation for these Three Looks: An Easy, White Tee and Black Skinny Jeans}

If you live in a warmer climate, like I do, then you probably appreciate the versatility that layers can offer. The weather in Houston has been all over the place. Just a couple of days ago, the highs were in the low 60s, now we’re back to the mid 80s and we’re projected to be back in the 60s by the weekend. There is no better staple in such a climate than a really tailored, chic jacket. I was recently perusing the jackets at Anthropologie and fell in love with three in particular. They are pieces that you could get a ton of mileage out of.  I’ve always believed that accessories can totally make an outfit, so I challenged myself to use the same foundation for three different looks. Each look starts out with an easy fitting white tee from J.Crew along with some skinny black jeans from Anthropologie. I’ve built upon that basic look with three different jackets and sets of accessories, mixing high and low for each look.

jacket required3

{Look No. 1: Classic Chic}

The classic lines of this jacket were the inspiration for this overall look. The collar and placement of the pockets reminded me of a classic Chanel jacket. Paired with the basic tee and jeans along with some classic accessories, this look is polished and chic and perfect for shopping, lunch with the ladies, and in some cases, even the office.

Jacket: Mavis by Sine @ Anthropologie

Shoes: Cece Leather Ballet Flats @ J.Crew

Ring: Crystal Bloom Ring @ J.Crew (I’m obsessed with this ring, by the way.)

Bag: Bleeker Bag by Mary Nichols

jacket required2

{Look No. 2: Boho Glam}

I love the glamorous vibe of this sequined blazer, but I know that if it were paired with the wrong pieces, it could fall into dangerous territory. I definitely didn’t want to go too literal or over the top with this jacket since it is such a statement piece on its own. Pairing it with the basic tee and jeans softens the look and the addition of these gorgeous cognac leather boots does just the trick! Since the jacket has so much going on, it’s important to keep the jewelry on the minimal side. The little Stella and Dot earrings are perfect with just about anything and the rings make just enough of a statement and have the perfect rough luxe vibe to match the combination of the jacket and boots.

Jacket: Sequin Flame Blazer @ Anthropologie

Boots: Apepazza Edvige Boot @ Nordstrom

Earrings: Baby Flower Post Earrings by Stella and Dot

Rings: Stacking Semi-Precious Stone Rings by Monica Vinader @ Net-A-Porter

jacket required

{Look No. 3: Lady Luxe}

This look is completely alluring and perfect for a night on the town! The accessories are super glamorous, but the overall look remains tasteful since nearly the entire look consists of black. The tee keeps the look from being over the top while the leopard clutch adds a little edge.

Jacket: Tuxedo Blazer @ Anthropologie

Earrings: Petra Fringe Earrings by Stella and Dot

Bag: Animal Print Calf Hair Clutch by Alaia @ Net-A-Porter

Shoes: Cosmic Suede Pumps by Jimmy Choo @ Net-A-Porter

Bracelet: Crystal Grid Cuff @ J.Crew

 

Would you wear any of these outfits? Which is your favorite?

21 comments:

Laura Trevey said...

I would wear ALL of these outfits!!

Hope you are doing well Paloma :)
xoxo Laura

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Love these looks...a great way to approach putting together a wardrobe! Janell

*** said...

Wow - gorgeous outfits. Really. i don't know which one I would choose. You are right it is nice to have different jackets and accessories to mix it up.

I love this post!

Have a fabulous day!

xoxo

The Purse-a-holic said...

Love the glitzy blazer!

http://jannsboutique.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

I'd wear them all and not sure if I could possibly pick a favourite ensemble...if pushed, I would say the boho glam look. As for the pieces, I'm in LOVE with that first ring- also loving both the sequin and anthro blazer. Seeing these looks makes me want to go shopping for something other than house stuff and that's a hard one for me:)

Black is the New Black said...

great looks - love love love!

Kristen said...

The Classic Chic & Boho Glam are just stunning.
I love the Boho look in general and the boots would really add some oomph to that outfit!
Thanks for the inspiration!

Alicia B. Designs said...

What a great idea for work! Accessorizing is KEY.

xoxo
Alicia B.

Adele {modernemotive} said...

I'd have to go with Classic Chic with Boho Glam being a close second.

Alaina @ Live Creating Yourself said...

bravo on the styling!! i think i'd go with the purse in 1, boots in 2, and blazer in 3! wow. that being said, i'd wear ANY of them!! LOVE this post.

alaina

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

I am very much a "Ralph Lauren" kind of girl. I love classic design, for me or my house. These outfits are gorgeous and timeless.

Lovely.


Luciane at HomeBunch.com

traci zeller designs said...

Classic Chic is right up my alley!!

Rachael said...

This is great! Such a great idea!

I'd go for look N.1, classic chic.

www.rachaeldiab.blogspot.com

Elizabeth said...

These are so great! I own pieces similar to almost everything in this post, but wouldn't have thought to put them together like this. So excited to try my "new" outfits :)

Behind the Lashes said...

Great inspiration, I could never just pick one haha.
xoxo Heather

littlebadwolf said...

loved the interview with anne sage, and subscribed to her blog, too.

can't wait for your high gloss to debut.

meanwhile, though i am not a candidate for any of the three looks, not even on halloween, i'd like to meet lady luxe! m

Unknown said...

Wow! Need I say more. Fab outfits. And the ring in Look 1 is to die for.

Laura Casey Interiors said...

Probably boho glam but love elements of all the looks.

Anonymous said...

Paloma is a great post! If you can do this more often? It helps to find answers to many questions! Thank you!

Helen White

Randa said...

These outfits are great! Well done!

Kristin W said...

I love these looks! I love the classic chic look best.