photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Friday, November 19, 2010

Fabulous Room Friday 11.19.2010

Fall 2010 363

On Wednesday, my friend Jeni and I attended a panel discussion at the Houston Decorative Center which featured Miles Redd as a panelist along with the lovely ladies of PaperCity and designer Marjorie Skouras from Los Angeles. It was a very insightful and entertaining discussion that I thoroughly enjoyed. It was so fun to meet Miles, whose work I have enjoyed for so long. Not only is he incredibly talented, he is also utterly charming and gracious. After meeting Miles, it is only natural that this week’s fabulous room would be designed by Mr. Redd himself.

{Miles’ Amazing Mirrored Canopy Bed

{Monogrammed Linens from Leontine, natch!}

{I’m crazy about this 1930s chest and its greek key hardware.}

{There are so many great details throughout the room. Take a look at that tufted door! It’s hard to tell here, but the door has a coral lever handle. I also love the shape of the mirror above the chest.}

{The 1930s-inspired decadence continues into the amazing master bathroom. Technically, this is an entirely different room, but I couldn’t resist posting at least one more photo of it. The entire mirrored bathroom was originally from the David Adler’s Armour Estate and was found in a restoration yard. Can you imagine?}

 

To see more of Miles’ amazing Nolita townhouse, visit this feature from New York Social Diary.

13 comments:

Sarah M. Winchester said...

Ah, Miles Redd, swoon!

http://sarahwinchester.wordpress.com/

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

Wow, eh?

Mirrors, mirrors on the wall...

This is FUN, Paloma! And for that bathroom, you have to be in top shape to take a shower... there' no way to hide the "imperfections there.." LOL

By the way, take a look on my blog today the 68 mil Nj house that OPRAH WINFREY might buy... it's inspiring!

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Meg said...

Gorgeous! Love Miles! I'm so sad I missed the talk! :) We need to catch up for a coffee when you have a second to spare Paloma! :)

Alcira Molina-Ali said...

Hi there Paloma,

It was so lovely to finally meet you -- if only briefly ;)
Mugatu certainly seems a genuinely nice gent -- and oh that bed, bath and beyond.
Cheers, Alcira

thenerochronicles.blogspot.com

Alaina @ Live Creating Yourself said...

So wonderful you got to meet him!!

And agreed - that 30s chest is fabulous!

David Toms said...

The bathroom is something to die for, and the canopied bed and those gorgeius cushions, so much to love here

Tonia Lee Smith said...

I love that bed! and the bathroom is fabulous

Averill said...

So jealous you got to meet Miles, Paloma -- if only work didn't keep interfering with my design life! :)

And I love this room. Miles can do no wrong in my book.

Concrete Jungle said...

I'm falling in love with that man......

quintessence said...

I think one of the reasons that EVERYONE loves Miles Redd's work is that he is decidedly modern with a respect for and incorporation of the past. The spectacular bathroom is a perfect example - definite nod to the glamour of the '30s yet totally modern in its application. Adore everything he touches!!

Danielle Sigwalt Interiors said...

WOW...that bathroom is stunning! Wish I could find something like that in the restoration yards and salvation shops that I go to!

Unknown said...

Loved seeing Miles Redd too! I love what he said about always trying to go for quality, that the sofa from the retail store just won't have the quality and attention to detail that a custom piece would have. You can tell a difference in his rooms.

Leah said...

That mirrored canopy bed is gorgeous!

Luvs!