photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Friday, November 5, 2010

Fabulous Room Friday 11.05.10

atl homes thea

This week’s fabulous room is a vision of cream and gold. The living room in Atlanta stylist, Thea Beasley’s loft is filled with global influences from her travels, antiques, personal touches, and of course, a hint of glamour! I love that she has mixed rustic wooden tables with these ornate vintage French chairs and the antique French sofa.

atl homes  thea2

{Does anyone know where this fabulous gold zebra pillow is from? I love it! I also love the fact that so many textures were incorporated into the room.}

atl homes thea3

{This room proves that beige isn’t always boring!}

The past two days have been nothing short of amazing! Thank you for the sweet birthday wishes yesterday and for giving High Gloss, my new style magazine, such an incredibly warm welcome! I am truly humbled by the outpouring of love and support.

If you’re in Houston and the pictures from this week’s fabulous room inspired you to hunt for some great deals on vintage and antique items, the Urban Market is taking place this weekend. There is a special preview event with wine and hors d’oeuvres on Saturday and the main shopping event takes place on Sunday. I’ll see you there!

 

{Image Credit: Atlanta Homes & Lifestyles}

22 comments:

Alcira Molina-Ali said...

Gorgeous room.
I love the settee, pillow and fur throw setup.
That zebra pillow is by ANKASA.
Enjoy Urban Market ; )
Alcira

thenerochronicles.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I know right! This place is amazing and although I am usually all about the colour, this is just studding. I love the fur and gold and how these luxurious accessories are mixed with the rawness of those antique chairs. There's so much texture and interest in the room- so much beauty to look at and soak up- love it. Happy Weekend!

Kate {domestikatedlife} said...

Oh that shimmery gold zebra print has my name written all over it! Gorgeous room.

The Urban Market Houston Antique Show said...

Thanks, Paloma! The Urban Market is going to be a great show - the grounds are dry and the tents are up.
See you Sunday!
Jackie

Karena said...

Paloma, I adore Thea!! Her home is wonderful!!

Come and enter my new Giveaway....I know you will love it!!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Alaina @ Live Creating Yourself said...

Ooo I think my favorite part are all of the sparkly pillows!! Beautiful choice.

tracyshauna said...

What are those "poofs" on the wall called? I LOVE them! Anyone know where I could find those or those that are similar?

TSL said...

Just loving all the seating, just loving.

Averill said...

Those throw pillows are fantastic.

And I can't wait for the first issue of High Gloss!!

Mona Thompson said...

Love those chairs!

The Goods Design said...

So beautiful! I'm usually a color-junkie, but all the textures keep this from looking too blah-neutral.

VALENTINA ROMANO said...

Thanks for sharing this editorial. Beautiful atmosphere.

If you love fashion, maybe you could like my blog. I'm waiting for you!!

http://leroicoquette.blogspot.com/
LE ROI COQUETTE

STYLE'N said...

Love these pillows! So glad to have found your blog and so excited for High Gloss in January! Naina

DecRenew Interiors said...

Love this "dressed up" casual room! A room like this is so inviting and one that will be used because it isn't so formal. The textures and rustic elements, like you said, add so much character to this space!

Have fun at Urban Market, hope you find some treasures!

Ruthie

RG _ into the studio said...

Paloma, I love the 'gold pillow' too!!! Fabulous glittering!
Love the neutral palette with textures and touch of glamour!
Xo,
Renata

Eleanor said...

gorgeous. i wish my room looked half as perfect! amazing colours... :) http//improcrastinate.blogspot.com

jacqueline. said...

I love the palette here, so relaxing but the splashes of gold glam it up.

VICTORIA said...

Room is uniquely designed and decorated using antique pieces that have been expertly and artfully restored using cream and gold gilt.Love it..
Truly great finds!!Thanks for Sharing.

Beau lifestyle said...

Lovely room, I feel right at home.
www.beaulifestyle.blogspot.com

Gypsy Purple said...

Fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!

Gypsy Purple said...

Please see my blog for a mention and a link. XX Gypsy Purple

The French Maid said...

New follower via Gypsy Purple!
This is so lovely and warm! I just this past year added some fur elements to my home and love it so much...so glamorous!
--Lee Ann