photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Friday, December 20, 2013

Sid and Ann Mashburn Come to Houston

{The Chic Entrance at Ann Mashburn}

The other day, I stopped into my favorite store, a bientot for a little holiday shopping and was happy to see that Ann Mashburn and Sid Mashburn had opened just a few doors down in the same shopping center on the corner of Westheimer Road and River Oaks Boulevard. If you've read La Dolce Vita for a while then you've surely heard me talk about how much I love a bientot, also known as my version of accessories heaven. So naturally, I am excited that another chic shop has opened up in the center. Instead of focusing on just one space in a "Fabulous Room" feature today, I thought it would be fun to give you a tour of the new Mashburn.

Ann and Sid founded their eponymous stores in Atlanta after moving there from New York where they each had illustrious careers in fashion-- he designing for Ralph Lauren and J. Crew and she as an editor at Vogue and Glamour.  The Houston store is their second outpost and exudes style in every corner. I visited their Atlanta store in January and loved it, so I was excited to see what they had done with the space here. Naturally, it is just as chic as I had expected. Think whitewashed brick and steel case windows and doors, and seagrass carpeting layered with colorful rugs throughout; a Saarinen Tulip Table, whimsical chandelier, stunning Chinoiserie panels, Parsons-style shelves, and pops of pink on the Ann Mashburn side; blue-grey fixtures, brass accents, a ping pong table, and taxidermy on the Sid Mashburn side. The Mashburns have an amazing aesthetic which permeates everything they touch. I felt leaving just as inspired by the design of the space as by the beautifully curated merchandise.

{This further cements my desire for a Saarinen Tulip Table!}

{Beautiful Chinoiserie Panels behind the Cash Wrap}
{Notice the brass clothing racks. I also love the low slung cabinet below.}

{The clothing in Ann Mashburn is merchandised by color. Of course, I loved all the navy.}

{I love this dress, but I think it would be better suited for someone super tall and thin like Gisele.}

{A Pair of Butter Yellow Roll Arm Chairs}

{The doors and white-washed brick are so chic.}

{An Interesting Mirror Above a Jewelry Display}

{The Dressing Rooms}

{I love the thick, floating Parsons-style shelves throughout the store. I designed something very similar for the built-in in my family room.}

{Chic Shoes and Booties}

{Sid Mashburn-- I love the vibe on the men's side, too!}

{Chic Custom Built-Ins/Displays}

{I am obsessed with this rug/desk/chair combination-- so chic!}

{More Men's Clothing}

{A Ping Pong, Record Players, and a Mounted Gazelle are Part of the Eclectic Mix at Sid Mashburn}


{Another Great Cabinet and Rug}


For more on the inspiring Mashburns, check out this great article in the April 2012 issue of Matchbook.

Have a great weekend! 

{All Photos by Paloma Contreras for La Dolce Vita}

5 comments:

preppylove said...

What a beautiful store!!

Emma said...

Absolutely gorgeous store--I love the tulip-style table as well! As an Atlantan, it's great to see the Mashburns succeeding.

Jamie said...

love that shaped anitqued mirror!!

Anonymous said...

I love the design of this store! It is so chic, clean, neat, everything looks perfect!

Unknown said...

just went in today and am more obsessed then I thought I would be!!! Great pics