photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Monday, December 2, 2013

Inspired By...


The other day, I came across AFK's gorgeous Gramercy Chest while perusing Layla Grayce. I was instantly drawn in by the chic combination of ivory, blue so dark it is nearly black, and fabulous gold hardware. I was also shocked to find out that AFK is actually a line of children's furniture. Can you believe it? The Gramercy collection in particular is glamorous and perfect for any age. Apparently the Gramercy Chest is available in many finishes to create a custom look, but I happen to love this exact combination. I was so inspired by the chest that I immediately started dreaming up different ways to use it.




{My favorite idea was to amp up the glamour quotient of the chest by pairing it with gold accents such as AERIN's Warren Table Lamp and a pair of Circa Lighting's Normandy 2 Light Sconces in Antique Burnished Brass. Then, I mixed in some Chinoiserie details, a seagrass rug to ground the look a bit, and a little leopard for good measure. Wouldn't this make a fabulous entry or living room vignette? I am dying to use this chest in a client project now!











For information on my Full Service Interior Design and Design Concierge services, please visit my website.

3 comments:

Sara B. said...

Stunning! I love this.

Loretta said...

Beautiful, I actually just purchased a similar chest for my foyer redo.

Unknown said...

That chest is one of my absolute favorites...I saw it at Highpoint Market and have been in love ever since! I love how you styled the space!