photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Monday, September 12, 2011

Jet Set: Hotel Design by Pablo Paniagua

In the town of Palo Alto, California, just outside of San Francisco, you’ll find the newly redesigned Garden Court Hotel. The property recently underwent a major transformation under the direction of Spanish interior designer, Pablo Paniagua, whose work has appeared in Nuevo Estilo magazine many times. What appeals most to me about the approach Paniagua took in designing this hotel property is the modern traditional aesthetic. That may sound like an oxymoron, but Paniagua has taken classic pieces like the Klismos-style desk chair and traditional lighting designs and he’s mixed them with a completely modern sensibility that comes from the graphic carpets and monochromatic color palettes. From what I could tell on the hotel’s website, it looks as though at this stage, Paniagua has only redesigned the guestrooms and the public spaces might be up for renovation in the next stage.

{A Beautifully-Appointed Guest Bathroom}

{I love the canopies used above the beds in this guestroom.}

{The color palette and overall design of this lovely room remind me a lot of the JK Capri hotel by one of my favorite designers, Michele Bonan.}

{A Chic, Spacious Guestroom}

 

{To see the different room types available at the Garden Court Hotel, visit the hotel’s website.}

21 comments:

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

Oh! I want to live there!!!

Gorgeous!

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

victoria | vmac+cheese said...

Ok, I live in San Francisco and now want to book a room at this place for a weekend 'staycation.' It looks divine!

Paula Kasas said...

have a nice week.
A beautiful photos
Paula Kasas
paulakasas.blogspot.com

claudia b said...

I love this hotel, it's fairly close to me - so gorgeous!!!

Anonymous said...

Love these pictures!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous. I want to be a jet setter! Love the boldly patterned carpets in these rooms.

Karlita said...

loved the wall treatment in the monochromatic navy-white room! and that patterned carpet! wow!

Unknown said...

That carpet is to DIE for! Honestly, it made my skip a beat. Adore!! Chic Rooms

Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

I absolutely love this entire dream home! So cheerful

Amy Meier said...

Amazing!

Shannon said...

The attention to detail is so amazing. Every room keeps getting better and better! I need to stay here...but I would rather just live there! Ha-Ha

http://www.dylandrake.blogspot.com/

C’est très jolie said...

Loved it!
kinda felt like it was MY dream home!
beautiful!

C’est très jolie said...

oops wrong post =) (scrolled down a bit too much)

K.J. Mhanna said...

Couldn't be more beautiful. This is a wonderful example of how a very simple room can be interesting and chic.

http://acouturelife.blogspot.com

Philippine hotel said...

Hmm.. Love the hotel. I looks like a home for me. Yay! I want to live there, be there, even fro just a day. I really love it!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous hotel, Love the boldly patterned carpets in these rooms.Hotel Design

Unknown said...

wonderful color scheming and very unique idea Hotel Designs

Unknown said...

wonderful color scheming with a unique idea

Unknown said...

wonderful hotel and such an awesome contributionHotel Designs

Unknown said...


simply awwsome Hotel Designs

Unknown said...

I love these pictures. I didn't know this interior designer before. I found his webpage and and it is quite impressive. Have a look!
www.pablopaniagua.es