photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Dream Home: Belle Maison

Today’s “Dream Home” comes to us from Julie at Belle Maison. Julie is an interior designer with a fabulous online shop, Modern Chic Home. Her passion for beautiful design is not only reflected in her work and in her blog, but also in her gorgeous dream home. Enjoy!

belle maison

Hello there! This is Julie Thigpen from Belle Maison and I'm thrilled to be sharing my dream home with you today on La Dolce Vita! I had so much fun pulling together this post and thank Paloma for including me in this exciting series. Enjoy! 
Let's start with the exterior, shall we? I have always been in love with big, beautiful historical homes and when I came across this one, I fell in love immediately. The house is located on on the beach with an incredible view of the ocean. It has a huge front porch, which is perfect for relaxing with a cold glass of iced tea on hot summer days. [IMAGE CREDIT]
The foyer is painted a shade of hot pink, which is shocking and unexpected! I think the entrance of a home is a great opportunity to make a huge statement - it's the first impression guests experience upon entering your home. Why not make it memorable? [IMAGE CREDIT]
The kitchen is bright and spacious with plenty of cabinet and counter space. I love cooking big meals for family and friends so the layout of this space is perfect. I also like the contrast of the warm wood floors against the crisp white cabinets. To warm things up a bit, I'm going to add a gorgeous chevron patterned back splash from Ann Saks, which you see in a moment. [IMAGE CREDIT]
The kitchen nook is cozy and inviting with plenty of seating. The green geometric wallpaper adds a nice touch of pattern and contrasts nicely against the upholstered love seat. This is the perfect spot for my husband and I to enjoy our morning coffee and read the newspaper. [IMAGE CREDIT]
A chic china cabinet with wallpapered backs is a great way to display the dishes I enjoy collecting from flea markets and vintage shops while traveling. The top right photo is a chevron patterned tile from the Ann Saks Elements collection, which I used for the kitchen back splash - it really adds a touch of warmth and texture to the space. The bottom right photo is of colorful stacked coffee cups and fresh flowers, which are a must for every kitchen! [IMAGE CREDIT LEFT | IMAGE CREDIT BOTTOM RIGHT]
A snapshot of my flower and vegetable garden. It's wonderful to be able to pick fresh herbs and vegetables everyday to cook with. [IMAGE CREDIT]
The Living Room is fresh and modern with a twist of glamour. The bold area rug helps to anchor the crisp white sofa and brightly colored lamps and accent pillows. The soft gold metallic finish of the cocktail table and sunburst mirror add elegance. [IMAGE CREDIT]
I have tons of chunky coffee table books on fashion, architecture and design, which I have stacked on the cocktail table and surrounding surfaces and bookcases . Books are great to have around for inspiration. [IMAGE CREDIT]
The formal dining room has glamour written all over it! Like many of the spaces throughout the house, this room is light and airy. My husband and I enjoy throwing dinner parties for friends and family and use our dining room quite often. [IMAGE CREDIT]
We always make sure to have a fully stocked bar cart for impromptu cocktails. [IMAGE CREDIT]
Our library is a place I enjoy relaxing with a good book and hot cup of tea (or big glass of wine!) in the evenings or on weekends. I organized the books by color and love the way it turned out! [IMAGE CREDIT]
This is our Master Bedroom. I chose this color blue for the walls because it's fresh, serene and relaxing. We love the tufted headboard - it adds just the right amount of sophistication. [IMAGE CREDIT]
My dream closet! It's almost as big as our master bedroom and has plenty of space to house my wardrobe, shoes and handbags. Oh, and I made sure to leave a little bit of space for my husband's things ;) [IMAGE CREDIT]
I can now find jewelry and accessories quickly with this cleverly designed jewelry dresser.[IMAGE CREDIT]
The Master Bath...I've always dreamed of having a big soaking tub to take long bubble baths. The decor is simple and elegant, with a sparkly chandelier to create ambiance. [IMAGE CREDIT]
The guest bedroom is warm and inviting; I always want our guests to feel welcome and at home. The large floor mirror makes the room look larger and more spacious. [IMAGE CREDIT]
This is my home design studio. I own a busy design firm and online retail boutique, so having a large studio that's clean and organized, helps me stay creative and focused. There's also plenty of natural light, which is great when selecting paint colors and fabrics for clients. [IMAGE CREDIT]
My desk is placed near the large inspiration board I use daily to pin my drawings, concept photos and fabric swatches. [IMAGE CREDIT]
We don't have kids yet, but I'm saving this inspiration photo for the day we have a little girl. The pink and yellow color combo is adorable! [IMAGE CREDIT]
The laundry room has plenty of cabinet space to store linens and towels, which is always a plus. The Carrara marble countertops are just gorgeous and were a total splurge. [IMAGE CREDIT]
Living on the beach is amazing. I enjoy spending the evenings with my husband, watching the sunset. [IMAGE CREDIT]
We created a cozy outdoor living room on our back porch, which has plenty of space for guests to sit and relax. The large dining table is wonderful for enjoying Sunday brunch and dinners in the evening during the summer months. [IMAGE CREDIT]
*****
xoxo,
Julie 

19 comments:

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

This is probably my favorite one yet! Whoa! This girl has an amazing taste! :-)

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Unknown said...

Oh I LOVED this dream home- full of glamour and colour...totally my kind of fantasy space.

Karlita said...

A lot of eye candy going on in here.. since I saw the wonderful first image I prepared to read carefully and were so ready to pin! That's an amazing closet! house exterior! breakfast nook! your home is a mix of fresh and glamorous.. I totally identify with that style! loved it!

Tiina said...

Whooah! Julie has amazing taste!

Karena said...

Julie I adore this home!! It is fresh bright and very elegant!!

The Closet, oh yea!! Your makeup mirror is unique, of course would have to be magnified for me!


Come and enter my Fashion Giveaway from Fresh Produce.

xoxo
Karena

Art by Karena

Kristy @ I Design Love said...

Such a beautiful dream home! I love the little girls room as well as the outdoor area! This space is so bright and colorful :)

Kristy
www.idesignlove.com

Meghan @ Wishful Thinking said...

Julie this is my favourite dream home yet! I love the kitchen splasback idea and the beautiful garden! Don't even get me started on that closet!

Unknown said...

I love Julie and this is SO her - very pretty with some good clean fun. And she has almost everything you see here in her shop to make this look happen!

Julie you know I love that dining room! Since we'll be neighbors for sure, I expect you to invite me over for cocktails on your porch with ocean view. xoxo

Shannon said...

The library and the home office are to die for! Definitley my dream library...for sure.

The Purse-a-holic said...

This is amazing Paloma, everything I want in a home and then some...

A Girl's Next Best Friend

Julie @ Belle Maison said...

thank you for all of your thoughtful comments about my dream home! i'm ready to move in immediately...anyone want to stay in my guest room? :) xoxo - julie

Unknown said...

I feel like Julie & I should be roommates because every picture is exactly what I would have chosen! So lovely!
xox alison

HOME-TROTTER said...

Beautiful home!
I love the closet... I want it!!!!

Miya @ Design Indulgences said...

I always get a lil excited when a blogger I'm familiar with shares her dream home. I was also excited to see her use my all time favorite singer's closet (Mariah Carey). Yep, I know that closet anywhere from when she pranced around on MTV cribs playing dress up. lol.

Unknown said...

Wow, serious eye-candy. I loved every single room chosen! Lots of pinning going on here ;)

Thank you for sharing! xx

EDYTA & CO. INTERIOR DESIGN said...

Yes, yes & yes! She included many of my favorite images! :))

Amy said...

Hi! What is the source for the fabulous green wallpaper?

Emily said...

I am dying over that china cabinet with the green wallpaper. And LOVE the headboard against the turquoise wall.

pinup space said...

hi!
love your home! the design is really beautiful! im looking for paint in exactly the hot pink color you used in your entry foyer. can you tell me what brand of paint and shade you used?
thanks so much!