photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Friday, September 30, 2011

Fabulous Room Friday 09.30.11

Pinned Image

I think this space may have pulled me out of my recent indifference for the majority of the interiors I’ve seen as of late. The space is part of the living room in Veranda’s recent “House of Windsor” and it is nothing short of stunning. I love the gorgeous windows and abundance of light. While the space above is just a small portion of the overall room, it is definitely more than enough for me! The minimal color palette of rich chocolate and gold is perfect against the whitewashed floors and walls. The room, from what I can tell in this image, has just the right amount of “stuff”—it is neither cluttered nor sparse. The real stars of the show are the gorgeous vintage chairs! Does anyone know what this particular chair design is called? I would love to have some one day. Can you imagine how glamorous a dining room would look with a set of these beauties?

house of windsor

{This is the overall living room, in case you were wondering what the full space looks like.}

Fabian and I are off to Austin tomorrow for our friend’s 30th birthday. We’re heading to the Texas Wine Country to celebrate. It’s not Napa, but it’s sure to be fun. Happy weekend!

{Image Source: Veranda Magazine}

12 comments:

LindsB said...

Those chairs in the first picture make my heart go pitter patter- I need them in my life.

Unknown said...

I also love those chairs... you can find the pink ones at Pieces http://piecesinc.com/pink-chrome-tufted-chair

Fab.u.lous!!

xo, Emily
www.mainstreetchic.blogspot.com

Crissy @ House of Marlowe said...

Absolutely lovely! I especially love the artwork. Any idea the artist? Have a great weekend!

Danielle Sigwalt Interiors said...

Great space for sure and thanks for sharing...I saved it for a future addition inspirational image.

Unknown said...

The contrast of the white wooden floors is lovely against the gold and deep brown. Who needs shades in this kind of set-up. Not I!

Arianna Belle said...

Saw this in person and absolutely loved it -one of my favorite parts of the house.

Karlita said...

yes.. that office has definitely took the place of my last dream home.. it is just perfect.. have a wonderful weekend!

Lauren said...

Was so in love with this room! ( and house!)

Have fun this weekend!!
Xoxo,
Lauren

Danya said...

The chairs were the first thing I noticed. Timeless! Thanks for sharing.

-Danya
www.PinkPeonyStyle.com

GGG said...

Pure gorgeous-ness! I'm in love. Thanks for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you asked about the name of these chairs. I have seen this style in a few pictures and have also been dying to know if/where they can be purchased!
Noelle

Jacqui said...

I have been saving up for stools very similar to these that are manufactured by Arteriors home. Here's a link: http://www.shop.thegreathousestore.com/Calvin-Top-Grain-Antique-Brass-Barstool-2670.htm I have seen them for as low as $1700 each, a big investment for a set.