photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Dream Home: Fabulous K

Today, the super talented graphic designer and blogger, Kelly of Fabulous K is sharing her cheerful and inspiring dream home with us. Enjoy!
Fabulous K
Hi, everyone! I'm Kelly of Fabulous K, and I am beyond thrilled that Paloma has asked me to participate in her 'Dream Home' series.
 
When I think about what my dream home would look like, most people think big, beautiful house...but for me, it's all about location. I dream of having an apartment in NYC; the hustle & bustle inspires me like no other. So, let's get started on the 'tour', shall we?
 
First things first, I would greet my guests with a colorful yellow door.  It's such a fun way to say hello, don't you think?
via
The color wouldn't stop at the door, because I'd paint my foyer a bold hue (like the pink below.)  I love the unexpectedness of it and think the gold touches add sophistication to the small space.
via
Now on to the living room we go!  Although this room would be white, I would tie in pops of color with art and golden touches. Ample seating for friends and entertaining is a must as well!
via
For the kitchen, I'd have white marble, subway tiles and lots of open shelving.
via
Since it's an NYC apartment, my dining room would actually be a cute little breakfast nook in the kitchen.
via
I would carry the marble and subway tile into the bathroom...
via
paired with Hinson's 'Fireworks' wallpaper.
via
I work from home, so as far as my office goes it needs to be functional and stylish. Lot's of work space and storage is a must!
via
Even though the apartment is rather colorful and eclectic, I'd keep the bedroom neutral with crisp white bedding, an upholstered headboard, and a classic pattern on the walls.
via
Of course, no NYC dream apartment of mine would be complete without a rooftop deck and a cozy couch to sip my coffee and read blog on in the morning.
via
I hope you've enjoyed my apartment daydream; it's been fun dreaming it all up.  Thanks again to Paloma for having me today!

16 comments:

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

FUN, FUN, FUN!!!

I like the fact the proportions are realistic. We all dream with HUGE houses, and I like to see this one is a bit different, since it's an apartment. The big thing here is the city, huh? :-)

Love the kitchen also! Cute, cozy, cool!

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Chelsea said...

Great choices! I can't get enough of that breakfast nook...xo

Unknown said...

I'm with her...a fabulous NYC apartment...completely the stuff dreams are made of.

Tracey said...

Totally my favourite office of all time!

Karlita said...

in love with that office!

Sarah Greenman said...

Perfect. I LOVE Kelly's style and sense of luxury. The nook is awesome and I love the rooftop terrace. Maybe the office has double doors out to the deck... what do you think, Kelly?

Jenna@simplybonvivant.com said...

Kelly truly is Fabulous! Love this girl and her blog. Kelly, great picks...I love that door and have used it as inspiration too! Fun, flirty and fab! Thanks Paloma for letting her share her dreams with all of us!
XO

Unknown said...

I am crazy about these rooms. I love cozy and small...so much so that I am downsizing. You do go through a stage of wanting a larger home, especially when raising a family. However, empty nesters want to go back to their honeymoon phase with a smaller home. You can see how small my new home is on my blog. It is 2,700 square feet. I am leaving a home that is over 4,000...I got very tired of losing my DH in that house.

Ana Liza said...

LOVE!!! How funny, I posted that same bathroom pic on my blog today. I think the all white kitchen and bathrooms are dreamy. Cheers!

Lili said...

fabulous! LOVE that canary yellow door!

a m o u r e t t e said...

I just LOVE the yellow door. So pretty!

Stacy CUrran said...

THAT is a really cool dream house! Love the colors, and you chose rooms that flow well together! Heading to your blog now...
Stacy

lamb and blonde said...

Absolutely LOVE this home! Every space is gorgeous.

C’est très jolie said...

loved it!
felt like it was MY dream home! =)
beautiful!

Shayla said...

Oh my goodness, I could move right in! What a beautiful space. Especially loving the rooftop deck!

I recently posted pics of my dream house on my blog (http://www.designfinch.com/2011/07/24/dreaming-up-my-dream-house) and actually used the same bathroom photo. Great minds think alike!

Gemma Milly said...

Oh my goodness, I need to live in this house! Every single room is gorgeous, I especially love the bathroom wallpaper and pink frame wall. *Green with envy* !