photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Friday, August 12, 2011

Thank you!

Thank you for being so incredibly kind and supportive yesterday when we shared the news that High Gloss Magazine will not be continuing on. Your comments and e-mails were so touching and brought tears to my eyes. I was so afraid of disappointing you or of feeling like a failure, but you all have lifted my spirits in a way that I could not have anticipated. To hear you talk about how much you enjoyed the magazine or in some cases, to have you tell me that I have inspired you to make a big change in your life is incredibly touching. Thank you for sharing your stories, advice, and words of encouragement.

And for anyone who has asked or may be wondering, the decision about High Gloss will in no way, shape, or form affect the future of La Dolce Vita (or Lauren and Dabney’s businesses, Rock Paper Scissors and Dabney Lee). I will still be here everyday, blogging away!

 

{Image Source}

9 comments:

The Golden Girls said...

Perfect quote to wrap up the week, and begin the weekend!!
Golden White Décor

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

Perfect quote, but more perfect that that is your attitude.

How important is to know we're supported, right? One thing I discovered with my blog, that, even though I don't know my readers "face-to-face", we know each other "heart-to-heart". We start to really care about them and them about you. It's a real friendship.

Take care, sweetie.

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Krista Salmon said...

Paloma- I just saw this today. I am so sorry to hear this news. What a great publication you created.. And I have to say, each month I thought "How does she do it?". The fact is that it truly takes a village. The good news for you this that you have a village in your readers and all of the energy and creativity that you put into High Gloss can still be shared, just on a smaller (more manageable) scale. I know this had to be a gut wrenching decision for you, but in your heart you know when you have to make difficult decisions for your health/happiness/family. So cheers to you, and your pursuit of a dream. This is not a failure, just a bump in the road of a very long journey.
Best wishes,
K.

Melissa (Terrene) said...

Again, best to all of you...looking forward to seeing what will come next. And thank you for this quote---I think I'm going to hang it up on the wall by my desk.

Unknown said...

We as creative and professional women need to always be supportive of each other, especially so when it involves making a tough decision for our own happiness! You are such an amazing support to us all, Paloma!

Kylie Sarley said...

I'm so sorry to hear about High Gloss, Paloma. It was a beautiful magazine and you should be extremely proud of your achievements. I'll miss the magazine but look forward to all of your exciting future endeavors.

Kylie
xxx

Anonymous said...

Super Sad to see High Gloss, but so happy you all took this chance. It totally encourages all of us to at least and try and go for our dreams. Can't wait to see what else you have in store! God Bless you all =)

820am said...

high gloss was a beautiful mag. it's inspiring when people go for their dreams & i agree with tia, it allows others to take action on theirs. i'm a filmmaker, i know what it's like to work like crazy and then change gears. H.G. will be missed!! xo, am
http://www.820am.blogspot.com

820am said...

fyi, i just finished patti smith's memoir 'just kids', it's about following your passion, changing courses and ultimately staying true to your vision!!! thought of you. it's really lovely. posted some pics & review: http://820am.blogspot.com/2011/07/just-kids.html xo, am