photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Friday, August 12, 2011

Fabulous Room Friday 08.12.11

{A Gorgeous, Pink-Hued Living Room Designed by Barry Dixon}

I was so excited when I received the September issue of House Beautiful in the mail over the weekend. It is my favorite issue that they’ve put out in quite some time. The interiors they selected were each so unique and beautiful in their own right. While it was difficult to pick a favorite from the fabulous assortment, I had to go with the beautiful home designed by Barry Dixon that just so happens to grace the cover of the magazine. I chose the lovely living room for this week’s fab room feature. Though dressed in shades of pink, the room balances a masculine and feminine sensibility so perfectly.

{The room features stunning furnishings and art including a Julian Chichester faux-shagreen table, a klismos-style chair by Ceres and a circular rug with nailhead trim-a beautiful detail I haven’t seen anywhere else.}

{This shot is so gorgeous! I love that the beautiful painting from Natural Curiosities is reflected in the gorgeous Sophia mirror designed by Thomas O’Brien for Hickory Chair. The modern fabric on the classic vintage bench lends a perfect juxtaposition to the piece. The chic Elkins sconces by Thomas O’Brien for Visual Comfort (available through Circa Lighting)are one of my favorite designs. I love the masculine bronze and brass finish paired with the feminine lines of the bench.}

 

{Image Credit: Jonny Valiant for House Beautiful}

13 comments:

Ana Liza said...

Um, I was drawn to the cover of that issue too! I love how one side of the room says 'hers' while when they panned in on the whole room it said, 'theirs.' The pink is strong in places but the overall room is bright and soothing. Love it.

Marissa Waddell said...

This was my favorite space from the August issue, too. Isn't the scale of that mirror insane? It looks so crazy with the little bench- in a good way!

Marissa
www.roost-home.blogspot.com

Ivana said...

Aww, these photos are simply amazing! I love these interiors! Thanks for this wonderful inspiration!

Have a great weekend!

xx Ivana
Style in the City

Karlita said...

oh, I want that vintage chair-fabric-brass mirror combo in my home! so perfect!

Design Candy said...

Wow, I have to say this room, that 2nd photo, especially is truly fresh, modern and new. I've been feeling that all of the design mags have been showing the same styles...boring...but with this, there is so much to take in! Kudos for HB for finding a home with style that is not cookie-cutter. I'm buying this issue today!

Lily said...

Just got this issue in the mail...LOVED it !! The room on the cover is so gorgeous.

xxLily
goldandgray.com

Karena said...

Gorgeous cover and color palette!! Such unique details!

Have a great weekend!

xoxo
Karena

Art by Karena

TG said...

love it!! simply perfect!

Unknown said...

Stunning! I'm loving all the details *

Unknown said...

Loved this issue too. That last photo and the contrast of scale is such a nice surprise.

The MLB project was fantastic too - maybe next week!

Have a lovely weekend...

Katherine Velie said...

I'm drawn in by the circular elements in the room...the large mirror, ottoman, and the circular rug...very intriguing! Also the nailhead trim on the rug...always love the nailhead trim!!!

xo,
Kat
http://antweak.blogspot.com/

Margarita Bloom said...

I'm so loving that big pink ottoman in the center of the room and all the pink elements! Nice!

Anonymous said...

The hamper in the last pic is from Pier 1 like 5 or 6 years ago. I have 2 in small and large and a large basket!! I love them.