photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The Midas Touch: Lighting

downloading...

{A Fabulous, Vintage Brass Sputnik Chandelier}

I have always loved beautiful lighting and find that it is truly one of the most important elements in a home. Lately, my style has been skewing a little more towards a modern aesthetic and I have been obsessed with all things gold for some time now, so while I was perusing 1st Dibs the other day, I came across a few brass lighting fixtures that I am currently loving. Each one is unique and statement making. They’re the perfect way to add a little touch a of glamour to a space!

 

A 72 Lights Brass Sputnik Light Fixture

{While I haven’t usually loved sputnik chandeliers, I am beyond obsessed with this brass version from Little Paris Antiques. It has 72 lights and is five feet in diameter. It is stunning!}

BRASS SKYSCRAPER LAMPS

{1970s Brass Skyscraper Lamps from Elizabeth Pash}

 

1950's Brass Domed Adjustable Desk Lamp

{Modern Living Supplies 1950s Brass Domed Adjustable Desk Lamp}

Vaughn sconces

{I really like the “glam meets organic” quality of these Twig Sconces}

 

I am currently dreaming about a huge office with ceilings tall enough to accommodate the enormous scale of the sputnik chandelier. I’d then add a fabulous Lucite and Burlwood desk like this one along with a fabulous console for the skyscraper lamps. A girl can dream! I don’t know of too many office spaces with five foot chandeliers. Which of these fixtures is your favorite? Have you incorporated any brass or gold lighting into your home or do you prefer silver finishes like polished nickel?

10 comments:

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

Gorgeous, Paloma! Simply gorgeous!

I haven't incorporate anything like these into my home yet, but I was just looking at the latest DWR catalog and I feel in love with some modern lighting. They can look so good and some colors are so fun.

Have a great day.

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Amanda said...

Im totally crushing on gold too!! I swore I'd never go back to gold 2 yrs ago- and here I am again trying to find ways to bring it into my home! And LOVE that desk-I can totally see it with that chandelier! oh lala

Thanks again for participating in the Favorite Paint Colors Series!!

Kathysue said...

Gorgeous lighting, love the first image. I just came from Amandas favorite paint series. love the saturated color of Aging Barrel!! Kathysue

Jami - XOimagine said...

Lighting is SO important! I haven't used any brass or gold in any of my clients homes yet...every one seems to be still turned off by it in their own homes! But I love it!!

XO - Jami
Imagine Design Blog

Katherine Velie said...

omg...those skyscraper lamps! love!
xo,
Katherine
antweak.blogspot.com

Julie Khuu | Haute Khuuture said...

Love the deco inspiration in the first two pieces...That Sputnik fixture is incredible! Just logged onto 1st dibs and it says contact dealer for pricing...you know what that means...$$$ big bucks baby...boooooo...but it's toooo good I may just have to make a call!

Thanks Paloma!

xo-Julie
Peace. Love. LOL!

Haute Khuuture Blog

Unknown said...

I will always love my two brass mushroom lamps I picked up from a vintage shop for $112! And I am 99% sure I'm going to purchase the brass Sonneman floor lamp from Lamps Plus (great price too). Love me some brass lamps!

...xoxo
Erika [small shop]

Catherine said...

Wow! Stunning choices! I love a good Sputnik! Thank you for sharing!
Best,
Catherine
www.completelycatherine.com

Miya @ Design Indulgences said...

I really really dislike brass. I prefer bronze & gunmetal more than anything. I absolutely love gunmetal.

Jane Kilpatrick Schott said...

The twig sconces look so great I am reconsidering going gold! We shall see if the next project I can slide some in. Will be tough tho' to wean clients off the silver/brushed look.