photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Friday, August 5, 2011

Fabulous Room Friday 08.05.11

While this entryway may not be considered a room in the traditional sense, I absolutely love the space. The interesting mix of traditional items like the brass lantern and the Louis chair with eclectic items like the antique rug and leopard stairs really brings the space to life. I also love the beautiful front door and checkered floors. I’d say this definitely embodies the “traditional with a twist” look!

My work week has been crazy busy and I became an aunt on Wednesday! There have been lots of exciting things going on, but I am certainly ready for the weekend. Happy Friday!

{Image Source: Virginia MacDonald for Style at Home}

8 comments:

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

Oh!!! Congratulations!!! You'll be a great aunt. :-)

God bless the baby and the whole family!

This entry is beautiful. I like the mixed elements, but I wouldn't have the leopard stairs. They're cool, but I'd get tired of it too soon! :-)

Enjoy your weekend!!!

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Tobe | BIA said...

congrats!! you'll cherish your new role.

loving this space. especially that massively tall armoire. talk about wow factor!

Elle said...

The entryway is fabulous. I super jealous of the amount of space there is to show creativity. Congrats on being an aunt! It's something you will truly cherish :)

Unknown said...

So pretty, indeed! Congrats on the new addition in your family, how wonderful! I will be an aunt for the first time in December. Yay!

Ryland Witt said...

I think being an Aunt could be the best job in the world! Congrats...what great natural light in that entrance hall!

Kellie Collis said...

Those stairs are fabulous! Have a beautiful weekend, Kellie xx

Callie Grayson said...

Congrats! Isn't it fabulous being an aunt!!

Great space! Love the leopard carpet on the stairs.
xx
callie

Adriene Rathbun said...

Congrats on becoming an aunt! You will be a great one and love it!