photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Friday, August 26, 2011

Fabulous Room Friday 08.26.11

I recently came across this fabulous kitchen by Minneapolis designer, Alecia Stevens and immediately fell in love with every chic detail. I love the classic checkerboard floor and the beautiful, pale grey cabinets. I am a huge fan of pairing light grey with gold accents and this kitchen absolutely nails the look with the use of brass hardware, plumbing fixtures, LaCornue range, and of course, lighting. The Visual Comfort lighting in this kitchen makes the room even more fabulous! If you missed my announcement on Wednesday, I am now the Director of Marketing for Visual Comfort. Shown here are two of the popular Goodman Hanging Lamp over the island and a Clark Ceiling Light over the sink. Both fixtures are shown in Hand-Rubbed Antique Bronze.

The graphic tile backsplash is stunning paired with the La Cornue range and brass accents. I absolutely LOVE this kitchen, but I can’t help but wonder if the backsplash will eventually look dated in five or ten years. Would you do something like this in your own home or do you prefer to admire it from afar? Do you choose to embrace trends now and update the look later on?

Have a wonderful weekend!

{Image Source: Alecia Stevens}

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Wonderful kitchen! So claasy! I've also posted about a kitchen today ;)

xx

the Gardener said...

Oooh, I love this kitchen. I would do it, but I also think a lot of the trends right now are quite timeless.

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

Whoa! That backsplash is so unique, eh? I love how it looks with the range. Timeless!

Have a blessed weekend, Paloma.

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

The Tall Chick said...

I love the gray and brass, too, but I don't think I could pull off the backsplash. It's gorgeous, but I would be too worried about potential resale and how long it will still be "in". If it was my forever house, though, I may jump right on board!

Paula Kasas said...

I post the kitchens em black and white today too.
Your name is in my post.
Have a nice weekend!
Paula Kasas
www.paulakasas.blogspot.com

Amanda said...

lovely!!! So excited just got my account set up with Visual Comforts- can wait to start showing my clients all their great lighting!!

Ana Liza said...

GORGEOUS. And just when I thought brass/gold fixtures no longer had a place in the modern home. I love the gold detail the most here. Cheers!

Katherine @Antweak said...

oh my, oh my, this kitchen is to die....
I just pinned it! Thanks for sharing!!!!
xo,
Kat

Gillian said...

The backsplash is what really caught my attention aside from the lighting, which I absolutely love. I would love to do a backsplash like that, but am too afraid I wouldn't like it in a couple years.

Lily said...

A gold and gray kitchen...I am in love !! Its gorgeous.

xxLily
goldandgray.com

quintessence said...

Oh Paloma - I've been so crazed I missed your Wednesday announcement - belated congratulations - that's so exciting!! I adore Visual Comfort - was just tweeting with one of your cohorts on #designtv!!

Unknown said...

Love this kitchen! The brass with that tile backsplash, I'd do that in a heartbeat. Congrats on your new job. I love Visual Comfort lighting and use a lot of it on my projects!

Stacy CUrran said...

What a great house to run across. LOVE the backsplash!
Stacy

The Golden Girls said...

I love the checkered floors and the back splash tiling combination! Even the cabinetry is fabulous :)
Love love love...!
xx
Golden White Décor

Denise said...

Interesting question. I'm well aware that trendy tile patterns become outdated soon, but this one doesn't look overly familiar. As a result, I'm not tempted to think it will be "outdated" soon, as it's not particularly timely now. On the other hand, it does call attention to itself, so who knows. This will be a very interesting question to revisit five to ten years from now. I don't think we can answer the question now.