photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Monday, January 3, 2011

This Week’s Quote: Three Mantras for the New Year

If you’ve followed my blog for at least a little while now, then you’ve probably noticed that I start each week with an inspiring quote. Personally, I know that I can always use a little extra inspiration and it seems that a lot of you feel the same way. There is something so extraordinary about identifying with the wisdom of others and using it as a driving force in one’s life. Quite often, the quote that I choose for each particular week is reflective of what is going on in my life at that moment. Since a new year is upon us, I wanted to set the tone for a fresh start with three of my favorite quotes of all time. They have inspired and motivated me so much, that I feel like they are perfect for kicking off a new year!

travel steven chee2arrupe

travel steven chee4

{Quote Image Source}

travel steven chee dustjacket attic

quote oprah

{Image Credit: Steven Chee Via}

14 comments:

xoxo said...

wow. i think i needed that. specially today. thank you!

I Dream Of said...

Perfect quotes to start a new year and a new week. Thanks Paloma!

Jill Kemerer said...

Yep, I needed these quotes today--thank you!

Down Comforter said...

Wow...so profound. So many times your guotes end up hanging on my mirror to give me that added boost in the morning and it looks like you have done it once again--thanks

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

Oh, baby... bring 2011 one! I'm ready for the best year of my life!!!


Are you???

xo



Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Unknown said...

i love in the second quote: spending all your time in improving yourself eliminates the time to criticize others. amen!

Unknown said...

big big big believer in the Buhhdist way of thinking - u gotta keep positive, even in the worst of times - and keep only positve energy around u - i've declutter ALL my negative friends, vices, ect - i feel so alive and free! - i actually told myself this am getting ready for work, gotta LIVE everyday and just DO IT - u never know when u won't ever have a chance again ...

*kiss kiss*
Happy New year
Erika

~Tiptoe Butterfly~

The Iconic Blog.com said...

Love it! Christian's quote has been my all time fav for years!x

loveandpeaceF said...

"spending all your time in improving yourself eliminates the time to criticize others." That is so ttue, but I've never heard that quote before, it's great! thanks :)
www.itsanewkate.blogspot.com

Emily Ruddo said...

love the inspirational quotes... especially the one from oprah. here is to asking for more in 2011! Happy new year :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing the quotes! I love the one by Oprah, so true. Have a great week!

littlebadwolf said...

loved the quotes and all the photos, especially the first, with that footed bread tray used for desktop.
but i guess i'm not a 'thinque pinque' person. raspberry is more my thing........

katie kirby said...

I love the quotes, especially Oprah's one, it's so accurate!

Heather Feemster said...

What a fantastic post, gorgeous pictures and fabulous quotes!