photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Tavern and Jeffrey Alan Marks Design

I wish that I could say that my trip to L.A. was filled with shopping and celebrity sightings, but in fact it was a High Gloss work trip. I worked side by side with our incredibly talented art director, Ashley (you will be blown away by her layouts in High Gloss) and editor, Shannon at her fabulous home. I am planning to eventually do a blog post on her home because I really think you would all love it. Anyhow, the weekend was filled with 15 + hour work days, perpetually shrinking to-do lists, lots of laughs and tons of excitement as we put the finishing touches on High Gloss.

The day that I arrived, we did have a late lunch at Tavern in Brentwood. I really didn’t take any photos on this trip, except for a few with my iPhone, but this place is too gorgeous not to share, even if you’ve seen it in the past, so I am sharing the images from the designer. The food and service are pretty great, too! Designed by Jeffrey Alan Marks, Tavern feels like it would be right at home in London. The look is quite handsome, veering towards the masculine with a subdued palette in grey-green hues, cognac-colored tufted banquettes, and lots of aged brass fixtures. It is absolutely gorgeous and definitely a place to visit if you’re in Los Angeles.

 

{Image Source: Jeffrey Alan Marks}

20 comments:

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

Good morning, Paloma!

Beautiful place! I haven't been to LA yet but I'll soon and it's great to know a place like this! Thank you!

I'm glad to know you had a good trip! I can't wait to see everything at High Gloss!

Have a great day,

xo


Luciane at HomeBunch.com


Come take a look at my post of the day: Colorful Interiors.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely restaurant! The colour palette is just divine and so soft.
- xo, Vanessa Elizabeth

Alexandra said...

Oooh so lovely. And I really like that banquette seating. The colour and the tufting like a proper chesterfield is stunning!

WaterWorks Car Wash said...

That mural is just gorgeous - as are all the lovely pics!
Sheri

StyleCurator said...

one of my faves-he will be designing another restaurant in SM soon. Shannon's home is fantastic. I had so much fun helping decorate it years ago! can't wait for the launch-I know it will be great.

TERI REES WANG said...

The Tavern is a stunning space, a place so close it's a short stroll down the street for me.

Though every time we try to enter, Barney's Burgers next door keep calling my name.

Cheers!

Karena said...

Paloma I am so excited about your new ventures! I love the photos you took!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Alcira Molina-Ali said...

Oh, the interiors at Tavern rank tippy-top on my lust list. Thanks for the virtual visit ;)
Alcira

nerochronicles.com

Unknown said...

This restaurant looks so chic! Counting the days until High Gloss debutes....on my son's birthday. Feb 1 is indeed a good day!

xo elizabeth

Design Goddess said...

I'm late but I love the new banner on the site. Very cool.

martinealison said...

J'aime cette hauteur de plafond... Bises

Julie said...

Tavern is lovely. I've been there a few times for dinner and it's just an absolutely stunning experience.

Unknown said...

So beautiful! The decor is always as important as the food, service, etc.

P.S. I'm loving LDV's new look — and it loads a lot faster to boot!

Tonia Lee Smith said...

Such a lovely place to dine. Wonderful Wednesday. Is that a new header?

CourtneyMDavis said...

This is one of my all time favorite designs and what I based my interior design thesis project on- love it!

EFT for Cancer said...

I bet you surely had a great time and a wonderful experience working with them! Looking forward on your future post!

Barbara@HausDesign said...

Wow, what a gorgeous color combination! Very sophisticated yet also very acessible at the same time. Lucky you to have eaten there!

Casa Très Chic said...

Stunning images, very chic decor, thanks for sharing, great post.
Hugs from Brasil
Tereza

shiree segerstrom said...

Absolute stunning. I have seen this one before but who could tire of looking? Shiree'

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much!
I went to LA for my summer holiday (italian reader) and I was able to go to the Tavern! BEYOND AMAZING! Thanks again for introducing me to this wonderful restaurant..I went for dinner, with the candlelight is magical..
Keep going, love your blog! xoxo