photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Currently Loving: Etsy Art

There is a plethora of talented artists with gorgeous pieces at bargain prices on Etsy. It seems the most difficult task involved is sorting through it all! Etsy is sort of like a thrift store…you have to do a little digging, but you almost always find some treasure. It also helps to get a little help from a friend, so here are a few of my favorites:

1. United Thread- Whimsical Animal Watercolor Paintings that are Chic with a Vintage Vibe

Zebras and Flamingos - Original watercolor painting

{Zebras and Flamingos}

Doves and Pigeons - Archival Print

{Doves and Pigeons}

All The Single Ladies - Archival Print

{All the Single Ladies}

Watering Hole - Limited Edition Print

{Watering Hole}

 

2. Janet Hill Studio – Gorgeous, Original Oil Still Lifes and Portraits

Saturday Morning At Pemberley Flat- Open Edition Print

{Saturday Morning at Pemberley Flat}

Dancers- Open Edition Print

{Dancers}

Iced Tea And Oranges- Open Edition Print

{Iced Tea and Oranges}

A Portrait of Ms. Beauchamp- Open Edition Print

{Portrait of Ms.Beauchamp}

 

3. Judy Kaufmann’s Sweet, Whimsical Illustrations

Frida Kahlo Print

John Lennon Print

Woody Allen Print

4. Matte Stephens’ Charming and Imaginative Prints

Canal Street New Orleans. Limited Edition 13x19 print by Matte Stephens.

{New Orleans}

Alfred Finds his Soul Mate.  Limited edition 8.5x11 print by Matte Stephens

{Alfred Finds his Soul Mate}

Lord Admiral Hiratio Byrd following his true dream  became a florist after the great war. Limited edition 8.5x11 print

{Lord Admiral Horatio Byrd}

19 comments:

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

Great finds, Paloma!

I love art and this was really fun to see... I need to take a look there because I need to find a new art for my living room. You gave me a great idea! Thanks!!!

By do way, do you like Italian Villas? Well... come see my post today.. something unconventional.. not the normal Italian Villa you'd expect to see.

xo


Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Catherine said...

Oh! Thank you for introducing me to Untitled Thread! I'd never seen that shop before, and those watercolors are gorgeous!

Kalee said...

Wow- what wonderfully unique pieces of art. Those animal prints are especially fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Such a great collection! I'd love to do a collection by one of these artists on a wall!

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

I loved this post Paloma! I have been looking for some new additions for my "art wall" Id love to add all the single ladies and maybe a woody allen and some more
Thanks!

KELLY MARKET said...

I love shopping on Etsy for artwork! So excited to be introduced to United Thread - just added it to my favorites :)

xo Kelly

Danielle Sigwalt Interiors said...

Etsy rocks...I'm always finding new and fabulous art, vintage items, jewelry and even home decor!!

Tamara, Bella Boho said...

These were fantastic Paloma! Love the 50's-60's vibe of Matte Stephens' work, and the Zebras & Flamingos, love,love, love! All would make a fabulous wall. Another one on Etsy is "hadleyhutton" beautiful blossoms and birds.

Tamara

melinda said...

I also like the dailypainters website for small, original artwork.

Moosette said...

Etsy never disappoints! Obsessed with the 'Dancers' piece! Great finds!

Ruthie {Look Learn Love} said...

All great finds, thanks for sharing them! Off to check them all out...

Laura Trevey said...

Love all of these ~~

xoxo Laura

Xam Z. said...

Lovely pics!!!!
Thanks for sharing art... it's always good for daily inspiration!!!

More than invited to have a look at mine:

http://megiraffe.blogspot.com/

Rashon Carraway said...

I am going to spend al day on etsy. I have been looking for a specific type of art for my bedroom. You have inspired me to relook at etsy.

Mr. Goodwill Hunting

WaterWorks Car Wash said...

"Saturday Morning At Pemberly Flat" is adorable.It makes me want to write a children's book. Or show my kids and see what kind of story they would put with it. Thanks for sharing!
Sheri

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

Santa brought me two of Matte Stephens prints--- one of New Orleans and one of NYC. Can't wait to get them framed.

Peace Love & All Things Creative said...

oh my gosh, i LOVE the painting of the high heels...would love that in my room...so cute...thanks for sharing
oxoo

cantinhodacasa said...

I like your blog very, very much.

Maria

Portugal

Katie*Belle said...

Such great finds! I love digging around Etsy, and I will have to take a closer look at a lot of these : )