photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Friday, January 21, 2011

Fabulous Room Friday 01.21.11

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5044/5373178021_434531219b_z.jpg

This week’s room looks rather cozy, especially with the fireplace to keep one warm. A sweet reader sent this beautiful room to me yesterday and I was instantly smitten. Many of the items in the space veer more towards the traditional side, but certain items like the gorgeous marble coffee table, Moroccan end table and Greek key stool add a touch of modernity to the room. I love the assortment of chairs, especially the gorgeous whisky colored leather on the Louis chair. What is your favorite item in the space?

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! I am heading to Los Angeles to put the finishing touches on High Gloss with our art director, Ashley and fellow editor, Shannon. I’m looking forward to getting a lot of work done, spending some time with my girls, and hopefully, enjoying warmer weather than we’ve been having in Houston lately!

10 comments:

tarheel said...

My favorite is the huge round mirror!

Carpe Diem said...

Having minored in Art History, I am a proponent for authentic art in the home instead of a piece one could purchase at z gallerie...no disregard for z gallerie since we love their stuff. However, I appreciate the large oil piece incorporated in this space; it's divine. I also love the coffee table. Is that marble? If so, it is gorgeous. And, I love the sense of a dash of whimsy in the addition to the stool with the greek key fabric...plus the "Americana" (?) element as seen in the console.

Verdigris Vie said...

Love the play on scale with art mirrors, and rug..

Vie

Kate at Dream To Life said...

Really digging that painted blue fireplace - how cool and unexpected!?

I'm headed to L.A. today, too! Here's to 75 degree weather! (it's 19 in Nashville today - brrrr)

designstiles said...

Thanks so much for posting the picture I sent you. You made my day.

I really love the area rug and the little Greek Key stool. Oh, and the yellow walls!

Bring Pretty Back said...

Beautiful room! Have a safe trip! And have lots of fun!
Have a pretty day!
Kristin

quintessence said...

What a beautiful eclectic room. Just the right mix of old and new!

DecRenew Interiors said...

So inviting!!

Hamptontoes said...

This is a wonderfully designed space...love it! The artwork is magnificient, the mirror above the mantel is striking and the white table offers a clean, crisp look to the traditional space.

Laura Trevey said...

LOVE LOVE your new blog header!
Good luck with High Gloss too ~

xoxo Laura