photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Pray for Oklahoma

It’s always so difficult to sit in front of the television, watching as people deal with what is left in the wake of nature’s wrath. We feel so helpless and suddenly, all of our problems are swiftly put into perspective. My heart broke for the people of Moore, Oklahoma yesterday as images panned across the television of a suburban community that was completely leveled in the path of a monstrous tornado. As I type this in the comfort of my home office with my sweet pup by my side, I can’t help but think of how terrified these people must have been as they were in their safe havens—their homes and in the case of the tiniest victims, their elementary schools, only to have it all ripped away in seconds. I am so thankful for everything that I have, especially as all of the poor victims of the tornado are left with nothing. The lucky ones at least have one another and the rest of us to help them piece their lives back together.

If you are willing and able, please text “REDCROSS” to 90999 to donate $10 to the Red Cross for relief efforts in Moore, Oklahoma. It’s a small way in which we can all help, regardless of our location. My thoughts and prayers are with our neighbors to the North in Oklahoma today.

2 comments:

Amy Blackburn said...

Paloma,

As an OKC resident, and fan of your blog for years, I sincerely appreciate this post. My home, husband and pups are safe - but it is heartbreaking to see the damage. What I will say is that the outpouring of support from my fellow Oklahomans and others across the country has been remarkable. Again, I very much appreciate your post, your support of the Red Cross, and the delightful content and beautiful designs that you post that keep my inspired, even in times of sorrow.

Amy Blackburn

cathy said...

Thank you for mentioning Oklahoma. It is a sad day here in the state.