photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Friday, May 10, 2013

Fabulous Room Friday 05.10.13

IMG_9152-1024x768[1]

Earlier this week, I stumbled on these fabulous images on Pinterest from a project my friend, Amber Lewis of Amber Interiors recently completed. She calls this client “pretty much perfect” because she let Amber and her team have free reign on the design and trusted her implicitly. The result is some of the best work I’ve ever seen from Amber. This is a perfect example of letting a professional “do their thing” because the results are nearly always so much better when you approach a project this way. While my style isn’t really bohemian, I really do love this master bedroom. It feels very “California Cool” and is beautifully layered with a mix of patterns and textures.

{Amber is great at mixing textiles, which really shows in this room. I also love the mirrors above each nighstand.}

{The house seems to have some really great bones, offering up the ideal canvas for Amber’s design work. I really like the flow in this room.}

{The sitting area is so good—and big! It’s the size of some people’s living rooms. Again, I love the mix and her choice of art.}

Fantastic job, Amber!

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a gorgeous room! I loved watching it come together over Instagram. Did you see her car stuffed with all the goodies? Wish she could've driven right to my house!

Erin | Holtwood Hipster said...

Couldn't agree more! I love this room so much and I would say that it's probably not the typical style I'd personally lean towards. But I do, I love it in its entirety for the California-style it exudes. The artwork above the seating area and the beautiful patterns against that white upholstery are my favorite elements.

LifeLoveLuxe said...

I can almost hear the breezes and smell the coffee in this space - how gorgeously serene! I love how the textiles look slightly aged and lovingly used. Pure perfection!

Ryann Swan {Shades of Chic} said...

I agree, amazing job mixing the various textiles. I love the grounding from all the natural elements too. Fabulous room indeed!!

Karena said...

Excellent Paloma! A superb mix of textiles, Art, contrast in color palette! Love!
xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Karena said...

PS Paloma have a wonderful and fun weekend!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

{The Design Daredevil} Jessie D. Miller said...

Here! Here! To letting a designer do her thang! Beautiful!

stephanie at Stephanie Kraus Designs said...

This room caught my eye on pinterest too -- totally agree with your design assessment! Would love to have a master like this... also make me want to move to California...!

Kimble Photography said...

Beautiful! Love the designs and colors! Orange County Photographer