photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Beautifully Organized: Handbags

Hello all! Arianna here of Arianna Belle Organized Interiors. Today I want to share a few ideas for organizing handbags. As with shoes, a great place to keep handbags is on shelves. Shelves allow you to display what you have and help create that boutique feeling in your closet.



When installing shelves, keep in mind the different heights of handbags and space out shelves accordingly. Built-in dividers, like those in Jen's closet, help keep things neat:

As an alternative to built-ins, you can use non-permanent shelf dividers:

Or as Kelly from the Glamouri did, inexpensive book-ends:

Another option is to use hooks on a door - a nice solution for small spaces.

You can also install a row of hooks right into the closet, like Mary McDonald did:

Or use accessory hooks on a the closet rod. As an inexpensive alternative, try shower s-hooks.

A few noteworthy handbag organizers on the market:

Park-a-Purse - cubbies without the permanency of built-ins

hanging canvas organizer -a space saving solution that hangs on a rod

handbag storage bins - keep handbags contained, work beautifully on a shelf

That's all for now my dears. I hope this post gave you a few ideas for your own closet. See you again in two weeks!

-Arianna

{image credits: 1-via madebygirl, 2-via anne sage, 3-houseandhome, 4-jen ramos, 5- via lucky magazine, 6- the glamouri, 7-domino, 8-unknown, 9-melanie acevedo, 10-via better homes and gardens, 11-via real simple}

16 comments:

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

Oh I like these ideas! The hooks in Mary McDonald's closet are way too cool. Thanks for the inspiration.

XO,

Sam
www.ThePeakofTresChic.com

Jami - XOimagine said...

I SO wish I had a walk in closet! These are gorgeous images!

XO - Jami
Imagine Design Blog

Anonymous said...

i wouldn't mind any of these bags, or closets! xxo em

Lily said...

Love all the shelf dividers...such a great way to keep them organized !

xxLily
goldandgray.com

lifeloveluxe said...

Love!! I have a shoe cabinet that I've considered dedicating half of to my bags. My shoes aren't thrilled about sharing. ;) Great ideas!

Missy Minicucci | The Rinfret Group said...

love the mary macdonald closet. my new closet has handbag shelves and it was literally the reason i wanted to live there ;)

dovecote decor said...

I like the idea of using shower hooks for the bags. I'll pass it on. If you haven't visited our giveaway on Art by Karena, go by. If you did--Good Luck!!
Best,
Liz

victoria | vmac+cheese said...

Great post, Arianna! I love all these ideas. Now, if only I had the space to pull them off...

Girlinapanama said...

I would love a closet, a proper american closet but over here in the UK they don't seem to build homes with them in, unless you have mega bucks that is!!

Lovely image inspirations though!

Esther xxox

http://girlinapanama.com/

Jackie said...

Love to see handbag organization! Bookends are such a good idea, I never thought of that. I think I tried every single thing I possibly could in my little closet and finally I just put them in a wicker basket I had. One day I would love to have a closet with space for a whole wall of handbags all in individual cubbies! Ah, dreams..

Rosemary said...

Oh this would be so nice. When we moved in together, my clothes horse boyfriend took the big closet, so I got the little one. :( But maybe I'll just turn the guest bedroom into a dressing room! Now someone get met that flame stitch wallpaper. I also love the hook idea!

xo,
Rosemary
www.rosemaryonthetv.com

Ivy Clad said...

Oh, this is wonderful! I'm bookmarking this post to reference later. Thanks for the fabulous ideas!

Vanessa Stern said...

I love the shelf divider idea! Jen's closet is a favorite of mine!

Whitney Kaye said...

Loved this post! My big weakness is handbags and you did a great job putting this post together as well as selecting great images.

Bradley said...

Oh wow! What a surprise! That top image of the clutches is of my closet! Thanks for using it.

I love all of the other organization ideas too!

www.luellajune.com

Anonymous said...

I don't know what it is about handbags, but I find them to be one of the most difficult things to keep organized! (SO much worse than shoes.) Love these chic ideas!

~Stop Me if You've Heard This One