photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Thursday, December 1, 2011

The Luxe Report: All that Sparkles

Hey there! It's Rebecca from Young Sophisticates with another Luxe Report for all you fashion lovers.

Today is the first of December, and that means the Holidays are in full swing. Glitter, sequins, and anything sparkly is usually expected on New Years Eve. Keep things fresh, and be a trendsetter by embracing sparkle all month long!
 
The outfit possibilities are endless... Wear a flirty, fun sequined skirt with a simple knit as part of your off-duty weekend look. Pair a blazer that sparkles with black shorts (in a luxe fabric) with opaque tights and booties for a Holiday cocktail party.
 
What to wear for a special family dinner? How about a sophisticated black and gold ensemble - gold sequined pants worn with an otherwise all-black ensemble. And, think about buying a shiny cardigan - that'll work with just about anything!
GET THE LOOK:
After wearing your sequined pieces this month and maybe even on New Year's Eve, keep wearing clothes with a bit of sparkle into 2012. This is one trend that's not going anywhere anytime soon!

12 comments:

Bethany [at] Powell Brower Home said...

Oh boy - what I wouldnt do for that jacket on Blake Lively! LURVE it!

Bethany
http://powellbrower.blogspot.com/2011/11/for-sale-large-custom-relaxed-roman.html

Carly {a simple affair} said...

Oh, how beautiful! Beyond happy that this is a trend that will stick around and not just appear on NYE. Could Blake Lively look any better in that blazer? I don't think so. I'll take one to go.

DELEITE DESIGN said...

I really like gold trousers!

bevy said...

beautiful! I need more sparkle in my life! thanks for the inspiration.

Missy Minicucci | The Rinfret Group said...

great minds think alike- just posted about a zara sequin blazer this morning...

Neda said...

Love the sequins...great inspiration. I personally am dying over the skirt in the first picture! :)

lesapeamusings.blogspot said...

The holiday season is is the only time I wear sequins during the day and night. Great post.

Lisa x

Anonymous said...

Is that a vintage COACH bag in the first pic? Love it!

DietCokeStraightUp said...

I love that skirt in the first picture. Any idea where it's from?? I also love everything that sparkles. I dress sorta like a drag queen.

Vanessa Stern said...

I love a good sparkle (or sequence as I like to call them!) So festive and gets me in the holiday spirit!

Unknown said...

Oooh woow love this post!! thenks for sharing :)

Virginia Country House said...

I love the look of sequins worn casually. Thanks for the great pictures!