photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Dream Home: Vmac + Cheese

Today’s gorgeous “Dream Home” comes from the ever-so-stylish Victoria of Vmac + Cheese. Each room is so beautiful and reflective of Victoria’s fabulous style. Enjoy!

vmac

We live in an older townhouse that's been completely redone. The building has tons of character and interesting architectural details, and of course, is just a short walk to some of our favorite restaurants and shops. Come on in! Our entryway is fresh and simple, and has always had a gallery wall. I love featuring our favorite photographs and treasured pieces of art here.

Just past our foyer is the formal living room. When we were shopping for homes, the windows in this room pretty much sold it for us. I love the character they bring! This is among my favorite rooms in the house, because the light is so good, and the layered mix of items were collected from our world travels. Towards the back of the house is the family room. This is where we spend most of our time. It's warm and cozy and inviting, and in the winter, we almost always have a fire going!

It's so true that the kitchen is the heart of the home. Every house I've ever lived in, people end up in the kitchen -- this was true of even the tiny kitchen I had just out of college! In this home, we've stuck to tried and true design details: white cabinets, big windows to let light in (natural lighting always seems to make food look better), a Turkish rug to add a little flavor, and my favorite feature, that splurge of an oven range and ventilation hood. So worth it!

This is our library and den. You can find me here every Sunday afternoon, reading magazines with a cup of tea, blogging, or taking a nap.

Let's go upstairs so I can show you our bedroom! Okay, this might actually be my favorite place in the house. The French doors that lead into the bedroom were found at a Paris flea market, and we flew them home, refinished them, and installed them here.

It's imperative to me that our bedroom is a sanctuary. Nothing but crisp, clean white linens will do! Whereas in other rooms I like a lot more color and a broader mix of styles, in the bedroom I like to keep the decor fairly simple. It makes it so easy to relax and unwind. The one exception, of course, is the nightstand -- I'll never say no to a stack of books and fresh flowers next to my bed!

Our bedroom has a unique architectural detail in the little alcove you see above. We also have a separate sitting area, and a small outdoor balcony. It's wonderful to have coffee out here on the weekends, sitting in our robes!

I apply the same philosophy towards my bathroom as I do our bedroom: keep it simple! My only requirements when we built it out were a huge soaking tub (complete with a handheld showerhead), lots of white marble, and a double walk-in shower. How did we do? Though we live in the heart of the city, we were fortunate to get a little bit of yard in the back of the house. There's just enough room for a set of patio furniture, and a small vegetable garden. We love sitting out here in the summer! Sigh...and now back to reality. I so wish this house existed somewhere and could be mine someday!

 

Thanks, Paloma, for having me participate in this amazing series. I'm so glad it's back for a second run!!

17 comments:

Ivy Clad said...

The dream home series of posts are always my favorite, & this one was lovely!! Dreaming is an integral and necessary part of success, I believe, plus, it's just so much FUN!!
Great post!

Bethany [at] Powell Brower Home said...

whoa sweet set-up.

Bethany
http://powellbrower.blogspot.com/

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

Hello Paloma!

How are you doing my friend?

I've missing your posts. I'm very busy w/ my little baby lately. Can't surf around anymore. :-)

Just dropped by to wish you a very blessed Christmas.

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

La Boheme said...

Well this was fun! The office and living spaces are just a dream...xoxo

Tobe | BIA said...

absolute class. i'll be over soon, Victoria :)

Unknown said...

That kitchen and Sunday space are at the top of my list too! I need to have an indoor/outdoor living room as welll. And to have an outdoor space in SF is so rare! Sounds perfect to me!

Hello Lover... said...

I love this series - so fun to see what bloggers choose when they really have to narrow it down - I'd love to join in on the fun!

Unknown said...

All the details are perfection dahhling.. love the doors, the windows, the ceilings! just gorgeous!!!

artluvr said...

Love the aesthetic and all the choices here. But am dying to know who is the artist for the painting over the loveseat in the Family Room shot. Anyone know?

Neda said...

I think this is my dream home too...down to the very last detail. The third picture is absolute perfection. LOVE your home Victoria!

L.A. in the bay said...

this home would be a dream for me as well!

victoria | vmac+cheese said...

@Artluvr Hi!! That image is from Traditional Home, and the apartment belongs to Rebecca Phillips, who is a photographer. She took the photograph over the loveseat, and it can be found here: http://rebeccajophillips.com/I'd contact her to see if she does prints for customers!

artluvr said...

Victoria, bless you. It would have driven me crazy, and I would never have guessed it was a photograph. When I contact Ms. Phillips, I will be sure to let her know where I saw it! You are the best!!

xxxooo and Happy Holidays.

Marcus Design said...

Lovely! I especially swooned over the reading nook!
Nancy xo

lifeloveluxe said...

Your dream house is now MY dream house. Wanna flip a coin and see who gets it?

Simply gorgeous post, in every way. I love your choices of elegant, eclectic mixes that feel so inviting. I feel like I could melt into any one of those rooms and be fully lusciously content!

www.lifeloveandluxury.com

Sarah Roads said...

Spectacular! I have a feeling you would have no shortage of house guests. I agree about simplicity in the master bed and bath, I could do all white, no problem. Love absolutely everything you chose- so good! xo

Gabrielle | Savvy Home said...

GAH! Why am I not surprised that Victoria came up with one of the most amazing dream houses ever!