photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

My Favorite Room: Design Manifest

Hi All! I'm Naomi from Design Manifest and today I'm sharing my little guest room. I'm calling it my favorite room for two reasons. #1 I'm just so thrilled to have a guest room. It makes me feel quite grown up and fancy to have a special space to offer friends when they come and hang out. #2 It's the only room in my house that is really done.  I bought my little cottage last fall, spent 6 months rehabbing it and since then have taken my sweet time filling in rooms with pieces.  Everything in my house tends to evolve and shift with the seasons, but I'm quite smitten with my guest suite.  Let's take a peek, shall we?


At 10' x 11' it is a small room, but it gets great light.

Since it's not my every day room, I took some liberties to go a little girly and fun.  The walls are a soft pink (Benjamin Moore’s “Sunlit Coral,") and I have accents of blue and magenta throughout.



I think its important to decorate with what you love.  
And I love ethnic textiles, gold accents, rich color and quirky art.
Everything goes together, but nothing is matchy-matchy.


Since my room is so narrow, wide nightstands were not an option.  
Instead, I mixed and matched odd wood end tables that I own.
This elephant table is a happy moment in an otherwise tight corner.


To keep the room feeling light and open, I avoided bulky furniture.
Since guests only typically stay for a few nights, I didn't put a dresser in here.
There is, however, a large blown up picture of my pug, Bailey.


As I mentioned before, I wanted this to be a happy space, so I filled it with a mix of art and color.
I didn't worry so much about using too much pink or gold.
I am much more serious and neutral downstairs.


Mirrors are an essential piece for me in a room.
I just love reflecting light and catching extra glances of the bed pillows.


Sometimes the best part of a room is a small little detail, so I will leave you with a few of my favorites...





Thanks for taking a tour with me and thank you, Paloma, for having me over.  I hope you enjoyed!

16 comments:

Unknown said...

It really is a gorgeous space. Naomi has such a flare for putting things together. I love this room.

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

I love Naomi's style. Thanks for sharing!

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

Naomi's guest room is one of my favorite rooms, too. Every detail is perfect.

Unknown said...

I can spot a room by Naomi a mile away- she has such an amazing signature style...this room is the perfect mix of global boho fabulous!

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

Love Naomi's style!!! It's such a gorgeous room and I love the wall color.

jackie jade said...

love naomi's designs and this space is beautiful and inviting. and i'm obsessed with the large pug photo of course.
-- jackie @ jade and oak

Leslie said...

Such a cool room! Love that Naomi!

Anonymous said...

i don't know what i like better, the elephant table or the huge bailey picture. they are both awesome.

Sharon@house58blog.com said...

What a fabulous retreat! I love it!

EDYTA & CO. INTERIOR DESIGN said...

Love Naomi's style and this guest room is so inviting! Would be lovely to be a guest in tha bedroom :)

Edyta
www.edytaandco.com/blog/

Erin said...

I love the personal touch of adding a picture of Bailey in the room ... I'm also bias because my dog's named Bailey too!

Anonymous said...

Oh my god I love everything about this room. The colors, the asian and global elements, the ostrich and pug art! So inspired.

Lisa Mende Design said...

What a great series Paloma!!! Love Naomi's design style! Fab!

Anonymous said...

I love this room. And I want to steal every one of your tables.

Tobe | BIA said...

i want to be her guest!!!! such a fancy space to stay. love it.

Anne Sophie Hervé said...

The soft pink and the Indigo and Batik cushions are a great mix!