photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Bedrooms by Jennifer Flanders

New York City-based interior designer, Jennifer Flanders has a flair for designing beautiful bedrooms. She tends to design rooms that are either very bold or serene and airy. Either way, the bedrooms she designs always feel feminine and glamorous, most likely due to her use of gorgeous upholstered headboards, pretty chandeliers, and the use of furniture with curvy lines. While I am visually drawn to bedrooms with bright colors and patterns (just search for bedrooms on my blog and you'll see!), I tend to go more serene in my own bedroom (think taupe walls, dark furniture, white linens). I think both styles are beautiful, but it may be time to kick it up a notch at my house! Which look do you prefer in your own room?

14 comments:

Erin {House of Turquoise} said...

I cannot get enough of her work! That 2nd image is one of my all-time favorite rooms ever!

alison giese Interiors said...

I love her work - so LUXE! I love seeing bedrooms with festive colors, but personally prefer a calm palette for my own.

The Blushing Hostess said...

That pink room is fabulous and crosses the little girl-young woman lines easily.

Jessica Ferron said...

Her rooms are really great! I'm also drawn to color but my bedroom is grounded in dark brown with accents of brighter colors. Light and airy is appealing, but staying dark, rather than light, makes me feel cozier!

vicki archer said...

They are gorgeous Paloma, I particularly like her two pink bedrooms for a smaller space and then the last image - that would do me. xv

Laura Casey Interiors said...

What a great collection of bedrooms she has done! I love all of those great colors and fun headboard shapes.

Liza said...

I like serene with some punches of bold color.

Sherri said...

Wow...Pink carpet?! Kinda fun!

Caitlin said...

I love the way she use color but maintains such a sophisticated feel. The room with the pool blue walls and grey linen bedding is my favorite.

Anonymous said...

Oh it is so hard to choose because I like both styles but for different reasons. I think if I chose the bold pallet it would be in the earth tone shades and not the brights such as pink or orange.

If I chose the light pallet it would lean more towards the deeper shades of light...white with many shades on the verge of not being pale...do you know what I mean?

I guess overall I wouldn't choose the extremes on either one but in the end it would be sooooo hard to decide.

Tricia - Avolli

Waxy said...

Love the light fixtures she chose in the the first few rooms!

Velvet and Linen said...

That last headboard is beautiful.
The serene bedrooms suite my own taste, but I also
love her use of over the top wallpapers.


xo
Brooke

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I'm so longing for a velvet tufted bench for the foot of my bed. Le sigh.

CLAIRE WATKINS, ASID ALLIED said...

Lovely, as always! Perfect single shot of color...just finished a post on Dorothy Draper, color on the brain, take a look
www.highglossblue.blogspot.com
Thanks!