photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Style Spotting: Chic in Martinique

Hi La Dolce Vita readers, it's Lindsay from The Pursuit of Style and I'm back with another edition of Style Spotting. I don't know about you, but around this time of year I'm desperate for a vacation. Resort lines have hit the shelves and it seems like just about everyone has just come back from spending the New Year in Round Hill or Harbour Island. I might not be able to offer the real thing, but I can provide a little virtual escapism to somewhere leafy and chic.
Style Spotting | Chic in Martinique
Let me introduce you to Hinson's legendary wallpaper, Martinique. It's most famous for gracing the walls of the Bevery Hills Hotel, but I happen to prefer Nicky Hilton's dining room, shown above. Paired with hot pink chairs and a pagoda chandelier, the effect is undeniably tropical. An old favorite that I was immediately reminded of after seeing these MICHAEL by Michael Kors palm print skinny jeans among this season's resort collection items.
Style Spotting | Chic in Martinique
If you're not ready to commit to an entire room (or pants) done up in palm fronds, here are a few items that will help you achieve the look in a slightly subtler fashion. Martinique here we come!
I hope you enjoyed this month's edition of Style Spotting and if you are headed somewhere tropical, I'd love to know where.

5 comments:

Kristina said...

I love that chair you picked, it's a great subtle way to have the look.

Kristina

Kristina does the Internets

Anonymous said...

I am swooning over that wallpaper, its feels like a Havana cigar club to me, which I mean in the most amazing way possible.

palm perfection.
amanda
http://thingstoholdandstir.blogspot.com/
check us out? follow us back?

Let The Tide Pull Your Dreams Ashore said...

Beautiful...it also reminds me of drapers at The Greenbrier! xx

Sarah's Fab Day said...

While we're at it, I need those pants too! Luvvv them.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! I have that pillow in my office and I love it! So ultra chic with black and pink too!