photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

My Favorite Room: Melissa Warner Rothblum

Bedroom overall

Hello, La Dolce Vita readers! This is Melissa Warner Rothblum of Massucco Warner Miller Interior Design. My favorite room in my home would have to be my bedroom. I wanted it to be comfortable and restful, yet brimming with the vibrant design details, textures and color that I love. Mixing custom upholstery, like the over scaled upholstered headboard and skirted lounge chair, with vintage pieces like the bedside chests and lamps, kept the room comfortable but still filled with personality.

7 HB Bed Detail6x8

It was fun to be my own client and use some of my favorite things. I love tape on pillows, so on my shams I used my all time favorite tape—a wide honeycomb with charcoal, ivory, blush and taupe. I like the contrast of the more handsome charcoal linen and brass nailheads with the brighter and more lively coral. I found the vintage Dorothy Draper dressers while in Palm Springs with my mom, so they always remind me a fun girls weekend trip. And the stone and gilt tulip lamps are from one of my favorite vintage stores in San Francisco…. they’re so cheerful and give off great warm light. Perfect for a little online shopping on the iPad or reading the latest issue of a design magazine.

Closet

Although my closet could definitely use a good cleaning out, I can still make out the photos of Jackie O that I have on the back wall. Her fresh and classic style is so inspiring to me.

10 HB Entry Benches6x8

To get to my bedroom, you have to pass a pair of upholstered benches and capiz shell branch wall hangings. I love the row after row of welting around the perimeter of the top of the bench. It’s one of my favorite upholstery details and makes me so happy to see every day.

7 comments:

Dawna Jones Design said...

Your room is refreshingly beautiful!
http://www.dawnajonesdesign.com/

Kristina said...

Your room is so pretty!! I love the headboard, and I might just have to hang some Jackie O pictures in my new closet!!

Kristina

Kristina does the Internets

Unknown said...

gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Melissa, your apartment is one of my favorite spaces ever featured in House Beautiful! I was so excited to see it on one of my favorite blogs. Thanks for the inspiration!

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

Adoring her headboard, and that closet is lovely. I love the vintage B&W photos!

Joan Breckwoldt said...

I just started following your blog about two weeks ago and it brings me lots of joy and inspiration! I love the photos of Jackie O in your closet, I named my kitten Jackie O:
http://joanbreckwoldt.blogspot.com/2010/09/jackie-o.html
Joan

Unknown said...

Beautiful bedroom! I love your lamps. They are so unique!