photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

My Favorite Room: Grant K. Gibson

photo-37

This is Grant K. Gibson of Grant K. Gibson Interior Design in San Francisco.

Happy New Year! Thank you, Paloma for asking me to be a part of your series.

photo-33

My living room is where I seem to spend most of my free time.

The space has gone through a lot of transformations over the years.

photo-26

I have: edited the space; added in additional layers (like my Moroccan rug from my trip is April); painted my built in bookcase gray; and swapped out my cocktail tables for a custom pair of faux-burled Parson-style tables.

photo-39

I just purchased a Serge Mouille 3-arm lamp as a gift to myself and I couldn’t be any happier with my choice.

photo-31

I read in this space. I throw little cocktail parties or dinners for friends. Campbell and Wallace, my two Westies, love to nap and snuggle up at the end of a long day.

photo-27

I love having fresh flowers on the tables and candles glowing in the evening. I retire here to enjoy a pot of tea or cup of coffee - or a bottle of wine open.

photo-19

On weekends, I typically enjoy quiet mornings with coffee and The New York Times.

photo-35

I even set up the space for my two godchildren this summer for a little picnic.

photo-18

For dinner on Christmas Eve, I transformed the space by adding a large rectangular table for eight - and turned the space into the perfect spot for an intimate dinner.

photo-4

As you can see, I really do use this space quite a bit. It’s small, but cozy to me.

Thanks for popping by to check it out.

You can follow Grant’s design adventures on Twitter and Instagram @grantkgibson.

9 comments:

Albertina || Mimosa Lane said...

what a cozy and beautiful room. I love the artwork leaning against the wall. I have tons of that around here...and just looks casually chic. Love the coffee table too.

Jamie said...

i LOVE this room! gorgeous!

Dawna Jones Design said...

Love all your choices Grant. I too follow you on Twitter and you are a pretty stylish guy!
http://www.dawnajonesdesign.com/

Elyse | Peonies and Brass said...

I absolutely ADORE Grant K. Gibson's home. He shares bits of it on Instagram all the the time and I love following along!

ArchitectDesign™ said...

Looking good Grant! I can attest to the coziness of the room!

Unknown said...

gorgeous! I love the addition of flowers to the table, adds such a lovely touch!

Irene said...

Absolutely amazing! I love the first picture such an inspiration!

The Design Daredevil said...

Sooooo lovely. My favorite items are the burl wood Parsons tables and the mirror over the bookcase shelves. Thanks for sharing!

cindy hattersley said...

I have followed Grant's blog and the incarnations of his living room. I loved the cabinet painted white but I love it gray as well and those parsons tables are just wonderful. He has such great style.