photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Color Story: Going Green

Happy New Year LDV Readers!!!  It's Vanessa Stern from Vanessa & Valentine back with another installment of my new series all about color.  As my maternity leave is winding down (I return to work in 4 weeks = sad face) and the holidays are over, I've been tirelessly cleaning out my closet, donating things to friends and family, and researching some new styles for a fresh start to 2013.  After 2 pregnancies, my style (and body) have definitely changed.  British Racing Green (or as some call it Hunter, Emerald, Moss, or Forest) has become my new color obsession.  I keep finding myself drawn to this color so I wanted to share with all of you a few ways to incorporate it into your wardrobe and interiors.       
I recently purchased this Ralph Lauren Newbury Tote on sale at Macy's.  It's the perfect bag for work and to carry baby supplies since it's so roomy!!!  I highly recommend this bag to anyone and if you don't like green it comes in many more colors! 
I'm seriously wanting a green couch like the one Nicole Cohen used here...so regal and modern at the same time!
I had to include my favorite style icon Olivia Palermo in this chic ensemble mixing green, gray, and yellow.  I want that blazer!!!
Michelle Nussbaumer gets it just right with this beautiful green couch and walls.  I could live in this room!
These are my favorite Kendra Scott earrings when I want a little pop of green.  
Go bold with green walls and lots of black and white accents...
Sport some green jeans with a leopard belt...
Do like Ashley Whittaker and use green wallpaper in a bar nook...seriously in love with this space.
Throw a loose fitting flowy green blazer over some jeans...
Get a manicure in Butter's Racing Green and match it to your necklace...
 Add a green stripe down the side of white pants...
Kate Middleton looking prim and proper in a green coat...
...and my favorite dream car from the 80s, a convertible Jag in Racing Green.  See you next time!!!
Xo,
Vanessa
Find more inspiring images here

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want those wellies!
-dulce

Elisa of Fancy Free Me said...

GASP! That malachite bar!

Anonymous said...

If only that Ralph Lauren Bag wasn't imported, I would consider it. BUT, I am on a buy local (or at least American) year of discovery.

Kristina said...

I'm loving green right now too! Did you hear that Pantone named Emerald the color of 2013?

Kristina

Kristina does the Internets

Kelly said...

Not really a fan of green, but this inspiration is making me like it a bit!

Kelly
www.theluxurycloset.com