photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

My Favorite Room: Meg Lonergan of LeSueur Interiors

Hello everyone, I'm Meg Lonergan of LeSueur Interiors. Paloma, thank you so much for inviting me to participate in your "My Favorite Room Series". My favorite room in our house is definitely our master bedroom. We spend so much time in here, it makes me feel calm and relaxed after crazy work days! 


It was the very last room in our house that I finished, which is often the case I find with my clients too. For some reason everyone prioritizes their living/dining rooms before their masters, even though they spend the majority of their at home time in their bedrooms. It was worth the wait though, last year during my pregnancy I spent every weekend, totally exhausted, laying down in that bed! Then the first half of this year, we spent countless hours as a family napping, hanging out, feeding our baby Julian in our bedroom. 


At Round Top antique fair one year I found this pair of French Louis Phillipe chests, which serve as wonderful storage in our 1910's home where closets are very limited. My glass lamps were a Target score, the rectangular linen shades make them look not so inexpensive. The bamboo blinds were also a $38/each Target find, but paired with custom silk draperies they look even better! I stumbled upon the numbered and signed Louisiana Blue Heron etchings at my favorite thrift store (custom re-frame job). The chandelier is an old one from France, purchased from Janet Wiebe Antiques in Houston. We installed wall to wall seagrass which is so durable and practical, and I love layering old Persians in my projects, the one in my bedroom is a Khotan with a pomegranate motif. 


My ottomans are actually mid century Henredon side tables that I found at the Guild Shop in Houston. I had my faux painter paint them, and then I had my upholster make tufted tops for them out of a taupe mohair. 


The bedding is a combination of custom Christopher Farr Euro shams, hand appliqued monogram shams by my local seamstress, a Hamburg House matelasse coverlet and a Restoration Hardware quilt folded at the end of the bed. My dust skirt was made from $6/yd burlap! My sheets of choice are Sferra's Francesca. The paint color is Farrow & Ball's Lime White, and trim is Martin Senour's Pelham Gray Medium Light. 


I adore this crazy Queen Anne Wing chair from one of my favorite dealers in Dallas, Leslie at Again and Again. It's upholstered in an Osborne and Little purple wool herringbone, kinda hot for Houston, but loved the texture so much I had use it. Andrew Martin pillow on the chair, Ballard mirrors on the wall. For me, it's all about the high low - high low, you can justify a pricier choice (like the O&L fabric, on a chair that you find for a deal!)

 Thank you so much for taking a tour of my bedroom with me, I hope you were able to get some ideas for your own home! You can find more of my home and high/low ideas, featured in this month's Better Homes and Gardens magazine, on shelves now!

15 comments:

michele said...

especially love the vignette with the jewelry. so intimate and elegant.

smiles to you and hope you'll pop over soon for lovely.

best.

michele

Unknown said...

love the monogram - and how 1 for you and 1 for him - such a CLASSIC idea! - i need to do that!!!!!

Preciously Me said...

Beautifl bedroom! Very soft tones.
And I love this pink chair ♥

Elyse | Peonies and Brass said...

Absolutely incredible. This room seriously knocks my socks off - especially those to die for chests!!

Kiley said...

I have been thinking about this bedroom since seeing it on various blogs. I even featured it on mine! I love the mix of traditional/modern/feminine/masculine. She nailed it! I was wondering if Meg might say where the shams are from? Not the monogrammed ones, but the pink/purple ones. Thanks!

Dawna Jones Design said...

I adore the color combo soft mauve and taupe! Does it get any more gorgeous then that,great job!
http://www.dawnajonesdesign.com/

Karena said...

Paloma thank you so much for featuring Meg! I love this master! The bedroom is very comfortable yet elegant! The pelican prints are calling out to me!

xoxo
Karena
A Giveaway from Scalamandre

Soltantouno said...

Assolutamente adorabile questa stanza cara!! xoxo

Meg said...

Thank you!

Kiley, the fabric on the Euros is a Christopher Farr, it's linked in the post, they were custom made.

Thanks Paloma! :)

Meg said...

Thanks so much Paloma!! And for all of these kind words!

Kiley, the Euros are custom made from a Christopher Farr fabric which is linked. Thanks!

gigi said...

love everything about it! love to hang out in my bedroom too after a long day xx. gigi.

Unknown said...

What a lovely bedroom! It is so warm and calming.

Anonymous said...

What great monograms!! Even better that they are in navy!
www.alixandcharlie.com/blog
(Boutique.Blog.Bliss.)

Unknown said...

I love this room.
xo Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

concrete contractors Cook County said...

This bedroom is really beautiful. Anyone will certainly love to take a nap or a sleep in this kind of room. I do love the wall color because it is just so refreshing and calming. It is also very interesting that you have positioned your bed so as to have a window view ‘headboard.’ This is such an amazing idea! Thank you for sharing this post because several individuals will absolutely be inspired by this.